Latest threads in Solidworks CAD Design softwareshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Cadsense wishlist
Anyone know what is up with the Cadsense ( wishlist? It has been down for quite a while now. It this permanent? If so, it would be a big loss for the SWX community (and other CAD apps as well). From...
6
6

center of mass
In a sketch, is it possible to mate the center of a circle around the centroid of a selected body?
4
4

Icons in windows explorer
I have installed Solidworks in my work and I have seen that in the others computers that have solidworks in windows explorer you can see in the part and assy files of solidworks 1 icon that give you...
1
1

Changing ToolBox browser labels
I would like to change the labels on the ToolBox browser window. For example, under ANSI Inch->Bolts and Screws->Hex Head, change "Regular" to "Grade 5". Anyone know how to do this? Richard
2
2

Another drawing anomoly
Here's another weird problem that I have had with SWX since 2001: Sometimes the dimensions that I import from the model don't connect to the part in the drawing. For example, if I had a drawing of a...
3
3

Drawings dimensioning anomoly
I'm detailing a section view of a cylinder. I bring in my model dimensions and move them around to get them into nice positions. On larger diameters, sometimes I flip the arrow directions to point...

remote locations and SWX
Group, My company operates two mfg facilities about 30 minutes from each other. We are consideringe splitting our engineering group up to locally support the two plants. We currently run single-user...
5
5

Surfcam or Solidworks/Cam AGAIN
Cliff, thanks for your comments Solidcam works within Solidworks and that is the cad/cam package I was referencing. I need solids primarily to alleviate recreating these in other packages that we use...
16
16

tapped hole callouts
I wish to be able to change a batch of detail drawings hole callouts from M10 x 1.5 Tapped Hole to M10 x 1.5 -6H and was wondering if there is a way to access the text in a find and replace all kind...
5
5

vb.net problems modeldoc2 com+ object & modeldoc2class object
hello, i have a problem referencing to an modeldoc2. i've been programming the sw api for a while now and my whole system worked perfectly but now i got a problem that the instance of an object is not...
1
1

Can someone help me out with the macro
Below is a simple macro to export the current drawing as a DXF file to N:DXF. As you can see, it names the DXF "Draw1.dxf". How can I edit the macro to so the dxf filename is the same filename as the...
9
9

Re: have a question
Go from the end and create a plane perpendicular to the rod axis at the location you want the groove.. Sketch you groove shape on the plane and do an extruded cut to the groove width you want. Dave H
1
1

Re: SW and Beta - IMHO Just the way I see it lately
What's a Noobs ???? Scott wrote: http://www.bentley.com/products/beta/index.htm

Re: IGES import units?!?
"Nikolay G. Shulga" wrote in news: Have you tried this? Does this work for you? Because for us SW2001+ ALWAYS assumes the values in an IGES file are in inches. WTF? What a dumb POS. Joel Moore

Request for some programs.
Hi. Do you have the following programs? Autoform-Incremental Autoform-OneStep Autoform-Optimizer LS-Dyna plz, inform to me my e-mail. byby.
6
6