Latest threads in Solidworks CAD Design softwareshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Grrr...Units with IGES Import
Can anyone explain what the &*@#$ is going on here: I have an IGES of an assembly exported from AutoCAD that I need to import into SW. After the first attempt it was obvious the units are screwed up....
2
2

Macro text help
I've noticed some macros in this group where the code is posted. How do I take the code and make it a macro on my machine? Do I need VB on my machine? There have been some that would seem useful but I...
1
1

Re: Odd repeatable error
And MSoft Server should have some kind of log of what is going on. I also found a utility that can be used to monitor file activity real time. There is something to be said for digging into what...
2
2

G5 Kicks Major BOOOT-HAY
2 gigs 1 ghz FSB 3 PCI-X slot 64-bit processor 4GB barrier and support up to 8GB of 400MHz, 128-bit DDR SDRAM I am a big fan of MAC's design, though I am on PC 90% of the time, you guys have to admit...
3
3

WAY Off Topic: some tax advice?
Dang, I hate to do it, but youse guys are one of the best advice resources a body could have. I've kept up with tax laws regarding the self-employed for a couple of years now, but I've fallen behind...
5
5

Re: SW checking in
The one person that used to have a lot of 'FUN' (sarcasm) has his very own website now and has a blast (well it looks like he's having a blast) with it now....
4
4

Dell Laptop Advice
I am considering at a Dell laptop Inspiron 8500 for Solidworks, will the NVIdia GeForce4 Go 4200 give me problems with multiple windows and should I consider the 1680 x 1050 screen. TIA
12
12

Where is my toobar location user data?
I am switching machines and I have forgotten were my toolbar layout files are? or is it a registry thing I need to copy? Tia Ben
2
2

Re: SW Slows down my mouse
That is indeed sweet. Thanks so much.

Re: System Vendor Recommendations
Thanks for all the input from everyone. Above 2.4G the price rises quickly and there are diminishing performance returns. So, for my case I believe the money is better spent on a better graphics card....

Toolbox countersunk screws
When I insert a countersunk screw it mates up with the conical surface of my part but it is reversed. I have to go in and reverse the alignment. Is there a way to go in and change how the smartmate...
2
2

Re: Macro error
Is that a double negative or Set Object = Nothing =) kind of funny but I am curious. Corey
1
1

Re: disappearing custom footer???
I noticed this problem and we use the same footer I wrote this macro to aleviate this problem It uses a form to select the printer you want. I believe this was fixed in SP 3.0 you have a subscription...
1
1

SW to camera and Animation time lines.....
Once again I have to thank Paul for that inside room trick. But does it not make sense for SW's camera to work like in other programs. ie 3DS, Maya or Alias. Not talking about setting up a new camers...
1
1

Api References
i know how to list the external refernces of a solidworks component. how do i set the external reference of a solidworks component through the api?
1
1