Latest threads in Solidworks CAD Design softwareshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Part configurations radomly changing in Configured assemblies
We are having tremendous difficulties with our assemblies that have configured parts and subassemblies. We open up assembly files that we know had the right configuration of a part(s) and in one or...
2
2

Link external dim text
This is from the help system, but I still don't understand. I thought it would either show or not show text that I typed into the dimension box in the PropertyManager like this ( TEST) but it didn't...
1
1

Re: Geometric Tolerancing Output to AutoCAD
The frames and the tolerance text come in fine. It's the symbols that are the problem. Can you please elucidate about the GTOL-POSI thing? And yes your pdf would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Chris

Compound note
In a drawing I have one compound note, and I want to delete it with a macro. How do I get it (or find it if you want) with a VB-macro, so that I can delete it, or remove it ? How about if I have...
1
1

Re: Brian Hill's PW2 Engine picture
but bob z. is already IN-famous.
1
1

OT: software too bloated and buggy?
http://yahoo.businessweek.com/magazine/content/03_25/b3838630.htm
6
6

Re: Wiring Harness?????
Darn! I could've used that add in :-( 99% of my designs will have a wiring harness. Sporkman wrote:
4
4

Solidworks 2003 to AutoCad 2000 Question...Help!
Question #1 I have just started working for a company that requires me to export my solid models to Acad 2000 so the drafting can be done. What is the best way to export my 3d model to Solidworks so...
7
7

Re: cosmetic threads
Bob If it's a drawing of an assembly, you might have to go to Model Items and Insert Cosmetic Threads Regards Rick Lussi
4
4

Re: Mouse Gestures
I used to use stroke macros in Vellum. They were very cool and could never understand why other programs didn't pick up on them..... Never mind, now I use SWX and kinda like the one key short cuts....
6
6

Re: Balloons and multi-body parts
Multi body might be very helpful while designing a part, but I still believe it is a methodological mistake to allow them in assemblies. This will cause much trouble in PDMs and other tools that make...
6
6

Re: RedLight : new free add-in to AVOID rebuilds
ok, maybe I shouldn't have added (danger?) in the thread title... RedLight is FREE (totally) and will save you hours! Please try it and tell me if you find a situation where it doesn't work. Or do you...
1
1

Re: Crash Symptoms
Please bear with me if I am talking about obvious things, but I have seen sttrange things happening with the "temp" dir full of crap (Take a look at it, could be more than 1000 files there). Solved...
1
1

Re: Parasolids version
Gary, I believe SW2000 used Parasolid 11.1 Regards Mark

2D drawings in Solidworks?
hello, my work is requiring me to draw some of our products in the form of 2D engineering drawings (the 3D models would be far too time consuming and difficult). i'd like to know if solidworks has...
6
6