Latest threads in Model Railroad Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Bachmann EZ Track Question
Have a couple of simple questions regarding Bachmann EZ Track. Although I have a lot of older (1970s vintage HO rolling stock), I am switching to N scale because I can get more railroad in the space I...
10
10

Lionel #6-18011 Chessie T-1 4-8-4 Steam Loco
Does anyone have any experience with this loco? It looks pretty sweet and I love Chessie stuff. Maybe it could be the passenger loco I'm looking for. Can engines this old be upgraded to TMCC or take a...

FS Terrain for trains N Scale
FS, , , I have an "N" Scale "Terrain For Trains N Scale "High Sierra" Layout" original cost about $230 bucks. First 75 dollars gets it (S&H extra) I just want it gone, to someone who can use it I just...

POLA HO-Scale # 310670 5-Stall Roundhouse 'Freilassing'
Does anyone know if the POLA HO-Scale # 310670 5-Stall Roundhouse 'Freilassing' has the same door closing mechanism as the the Faller 120218 5 Stall Roundhouse. I beleive the Faller 120218 replaced...

"Brad" like Bigfoot? Thinks it is real
Since we have a new troll here in Brad, I did a search and found he is the founder of Bigfoot research and a true believer. Now that makes me take him really seriously now. NOT. He also is still...
1
1

Cheap model projects
What's your favorite project that you have completed under $5? This is $5 for the project, not including extra parts that you had to buy. (Swapping out plastic wheels for metal ones, for example, is...
14
14

Why is Spender always seen with Steve Caple? Odd
Spender is one of Steve's fake names he is sending me emails with the same address and messing up the lie. Beware Steve is clogging this train board and needs to stop.
6
6

Lionel Area 51 Alien Recovery Set #6-31926
Has anyone had any experience with this set? I know it's just a cheap O27 starter set. But is it at least the minimal Lionel quality (e.g. die-cast loco, half-way decent engine, and such?) I want, and...
8
8

MR indexes
HI, everyone. I am looking over my magazine collection and note that I am missing the Model Railroader Magazine indexes for 1956, 1940 and 1941. If any one has them and is willing to either copy and...
17
17

#1 guage live steam
Does anyone post re: live steam guage # or Gscale? if not can anyone direct me to a newsgroup where live steam is the topic? Thanks.
5
5

Model and Real Trains in Lancaster, PN
We are heading to Lancaster PN for March Break (12-16) There appears to be some railroad museums and model rail displays in the area. But, I am finding them to be closed. Most open in April or May....
1
1

OT: Why reply to curt?
I've seen r.m.r. deterioratie rapidly since our buddy started posting here. No Mark (you pompous Aussie twit), I'm not trying to moderate anything here - just asking logical question. At least I think...
31
31

Why does Steve Caple hate Christians and God and never post about Trains on a Train Board
This is a question people are asking me. I don't know. I am praying for God to guide him to a clean life and stop hating people who go to Church and start posting without potty talk about trains on a...
21
21

Looking for the name of a girder bridge carrying car from Lionel.
Thanks for the link below on the post titled "A site with Lionel train O gauge listing of the cars with descriptions? " I have been able to track down all my model train cars and accessories except...
3
3

N-Scale brass to Nickel-Silver converstion
When did Atlas switch from brass to Nickel-Silver for n-scale track? I'm toying with switching back to N from HO (space issue) buy my N track dates back to my teen years (1975-1980). Kinda hard to...
6
6