Latest threads in Model Railroad Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

HO RTR Rotary Snowplow, Alaska RR #3
I was looking at the Athearn Rotary plow on line and would like to know if any one has added power to this and what problems they had? I think it looks funny to have to have an engine behind the oil...
5
5

painting
What is the concensess on the best paint for airbrush use on brass locos?
2
2

Shelburne Falls Trolley Museum
The Shelburne Falls Trolley Museum starts its seventh season of trolley rides May 6. Take a fifteen minute ride back in time on the beautifully restored trolley No. 10. Restored in 1999, this car was...

MFMR CONVENTION 2006
Follow this link for more information.

Here is something that is going to be VERY BIG... !
Here is something that is going to be VERY BIG... ! You can get a free position now and start promoting... This is about to launch but if you get a group built now you will beat the crowd and make a...
2
2

TMRC Open House, Cambridge MA
The Tech Model Railroad Club of M.I.T. will hold its spring 2006 Open House on May 6, 2:00-5:00 and 7:00-10:00pm, at 265 Mass Ave, room N52-118 in Cambridge, MA. Admission free. For more information,...

Cork roadbed - shaping shoulders question
Question x posted to and I am making an HO American outline model. Having read up on various ways of making roadbed I am now experimenting with cork. I have purchased some cork tiles from B&Q (Home...
29
29

Atlas custom-line remote turnouts
Hi, I built a layout back in the 70s, and used Atlas custom-line nickel silver remote turnouts. These have insulated auto switching powered frogs, and the cool remotes that automatically turnoff power...
10
10

Buy something May 1st
If you've been needing an excuse to buy some model railroading merchandise (or anything for that matter), consider Monday, May 1st as the day to do it. Don't know how common a story this is across the...
42
42

help for curved plate steel bridge needed
I am in need of details to make a curved bridge. the radius is 30". & I am wanting to use a steel plate type bridge set on piers. the spans will be approx scale 40' between piers, with 4 spans over...
9
9

SD-35 Direction of Travel
Anyone know the NORMAL dorection of travel for this loco? Stub-end or long-end forward? OS
11
11

FS SUPER O
HI, for sale super o,track switches,and trips..email me for price. thanks lou

DCC
Can I have some help with DCC. I have a Lenz Compact and I am running a Bachmann chip1014. I would like to slow down the speed of the loco, so that on the dial at full turn the loco will only move...
4
4

Appropriate rolling stock for era ?
Hi -- I am working on modelling two small H0 scale layouts based on the Minnesota Transfer Railway (MTRY) ca 1963. One of the layouts is an interchange yard, where cars are dropped off by several...
3
3

Did you get ripped off by him ? mainlineprototypes
Dear Netfirms :) I purchased several ho scale model from this site and paid by certified check and none of my orders have been sent and now his website on your system seems down? Did he change his...
2
2