Latest threads in Model Railroad Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Fraudulent Members
I'd like to issue a warning on an individual who has stolen money from us and others on He is now using ebay. There is more information at the following link:
29
29

Rivarossi Heisler
I need to replace the stock NMRA front coupler on my old Rivarossi Heisler (#1228) with a Kadee-compatible coupler. I have a Kadee #26 but it doesn't seem to be long enough to extend through the front...

Need guidance...N Scale couplers
I'm starting to accumulate some cars, an Atlas and a Kato locomotives. I note some difference in couplers. I've searched, but cannot find good reference material to read and study. Anyone know where I...
2
2

books for sale
i have a list about 10 pages long of various railroading books, alot of narrow guage, short run printing stuff email me if you want a copy, i am selling my entire collection chris rehm

Can British trains be used in USA?
Can British trains be used in the USA? I had my model layout in the UK. It's been boxed for over 10 yrs now; can I run the locomotives in the states? Is there anything special I need to buy? Why do I...
25
25

FA: Life-Like Proto 1000 HO-scale RDC model on Ebay (Sydney, Oz)
Hi everyone, I've listed a Life-Like Proto 1000 HO-scale RDC models for sale on Ebay: 's lettered as Baltimore and Ohio # 1951, and is brand new, in the original packaging, and has been test-run only....

Turntable opinions
Some months ago I asked for opinions on the Walther turntable and received reviews that ranged from "Piece of Crap" to "Excellent". Unfortunately, those in the Piece of Crap corner were correct. Now...
23
23

Large HO Train Sale
We recently purchased a very large HO and N gauge collection. Some of it is currently posted on Click on HO or N gauge. Our user name is traincity. All of our auctions start at $2.00. Even the brass...

Searching for the perfect casting resin
Let me preface this by saying that I'm trying to cast things that are probably too small/thin to do reliably in resin with home equipment. However ... some of the parts are pieces of stripwood that...
22
22

70 new items to eBay this week
Hello Everyone, Just a quick note to let everyone know i just listed 70 items on eBay for this week. There is Kato, Atlas, Proto , Steam, Diesel and a ton of collector and non collector MicroTrains...

Batt-opp Train project completed.
As promised, here are some pictures of the two toy train layouts I made for my nieces. The goal was to keep it simple and inexpensive and although I lost track of some prices, each layout including...
8
8

Train speed
This is for future reference but when my layout is finished I'm planning on running the train at a very slow continuous speed, letting it creep through the scene for a period of 4-5 hours for one...
19
19

Contact Information - HO Scale Train Sale
I should have added this. Sorry. Please contact me at mc

HO Scale For Sale
Hello Everyone, Here's a list of the remaining items we are looking to sell. I am happy to entertain reasonable offers. Many Thanks, Matt ITEM #......ROAD NAME.....ROAD#.....DESCRIPTION.........PRICE...

Need help #4
Hello again, and thanks to all for the help, I am looking for some AHM parts. I need some black plastic "pins" that actually hold the trucks to the car frame (bottom?)....thanks, Mike
4
4