Latest threads in Model Railroad Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Hi. My name is Ken.. I live in.........
My name is Ken . I live in West Virginia , USA , close to the Charleson , the capitol city of West Virginia. West Virginia is located in the mideastern part of the USA approx 450 miles (724 km) from...
19
19

Check out my Auctiona on oztion or ebay
if in australia check out my auctions oztion not a member join up with aceantman if in australia check out my other Auctions on ebay a bid. buyer pays combined shipping finalised at end of winning to...

Steam trains fans, discover the Mastrou
're welcome in green Ardeche o o o o o o o o o o ____ __________________ ][__n_n__|D[ /##### (_) (_) (_) (_) (_) (_______|__|__|_______| /oo-O-O-O-O oo oo O^O O^O
1
1

Upcoming Model Railroad Shows
Seasonal update: There are currently 276 upcoming model railroading events in the database that is displayed at If your organization has a upcoming event that would be of interest to your fellow...

airbrush cabinet
Does anyone out there have plans or instructions for building a simple spray cabinet for airbrushing? Nothing fancy nor expensive, just utilitarian and something that I can build myself. Thank you in...
15
15

model railroad layout for filming 4/19/06
Hello, We're looking for a model train layout about 4'x8' with a town setting including a school and bus of reasonably good detail for a TV spot to be filmed on friday the 21st of April 2006. It may...
42
42

Need help #3
Hello there and thank you to all for the help I have gotten... I have got quite a few diesel engines and steam engines that used to belong to my dad and they have not been run in a few years, some of...
1
1

Missouri Railroad Depots. 15 More new towns represented on the website.
Hi All I?ve got a good selection of 15 new towns this time. Plus, I?ve added 7 photos to existing depots. Things are continuing to get better. I?ll have more new towns in my next updates. Thanks again...
3
3

Railroads booming again (long article)
This item appeared March 27, 2006, in the Chicago Tribune: As a 1 1/2-mile-long freight train rumbled past a towering stack of green containers marked "China Shipping" last week, Neil Doyle, aboard...
1
1

What's the best way to simulate creosote color on ties?
Specifically I have some basswood which I want to stain to look like tie material. What's the closest stain I can get? TIA Norm
10
10

FA: 2 different Illinois Central RR stocks 1880s and 1961

N-Scale--Atlas vs Kato vs ?
In N-Scale locomotives, non-DCC, which do you believe has the best quality and features? OS
5
5

Need help #2
Hello all, I have an Atlantic Coast Line "B" unit made by Athearn that is not powered....Can I get another "B" unit that is powered and made by Athearn and simply swap the shells so that I would have...
5
5

The Spring Issue of The SouthErneR is online
The on-line version of the Spring Issue of The SouthErneR, the e- SouthErneR, is on-line now along with the web only Pre-Convention issue. Take a look at: anyone is planning to attend the 2006 South...

Need instruction sheet/pictures of MDC HOn3 2-8-0 Outside Frame
As the subject says, I need at least pictures of a finished MDC/Roundhouse Outside Frame 2-8-0 HOn3 but I'd much rather get (a copy of) the instruction sheet. I would, of course, pay reasonable...
3
3