Latest threads in Model Railroad Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Emperor of the North
This is a little off topic but does anyone remember the movie "Emperor of the North"? As a kid I caught this many times on TV but haven't seen it since then and the recent interest in model trains has...
19
19

Great artwork. to compose sign etc.
Hi Just thought if you are intersted in signs take a look at this site ( OR order free catalogue in US) might be images you a can use Anthony(Down Under)
2
2

MDC Roundhouse HON3 2-8-0
I have just purchased a Roundhouse 2-8-0 kit in HON3. I there information available about detailing and/or remotoring the engine?
3
3

web-site up-date
Every few days I add something new to by street scenes. See the Oregon Rail Co. Crossing Flasher in action. at -- Phil Anderson Up hill slow, down hill fast, tonnage first, safety last.

Model Railroad Design
I'm looking for a good model railroad design service to help me with with a design for a new layout. I'd rather not learn everything "the hard way", which can be expensive and time consuming. And, I'd...
3
3

Internettrains.com - worst customer service?
In late Janurary, I ordered two packages from I have yet to recieve either of these two orders. Only one of them has been shipped, and that was sent by UPS international insured, when I had...
22
22

Ho Shop Rite Sets
Hi all I'll be sellling most of my HO Shop Rite sets and buildings in the up coming weeks. Here is just a sample of what I am offering. Its a MINT Pride of the Norteast set with plenty of track and a...

Lionel V transformer
How do I test to see if this transformer works? Thanks
1
1

Lionel Track
How do I dtermine the type of prewar track I have? Thanks
1
1

Ever heard of train collection 2000?
Ever heard of train collection 2000? They supposed make Canadian prototype snowplows and flangers in HO and N scale. Eric
1
1

Some companies really do pay attention
I submitted an on-line order to Valley Model Trains short while ago and I got an e-mail back from the boss who'd noticed that I ordered several small parts in O-scale and a large kit in HO and wanted...
10
10

Stripping Classic Metal Works lettering and paint
I've got a Classic Metal Works tractor/trailer set which I'd like to strip the paint and lettering. Does anyone have advice on working with these specific models? The tractor is die cast metal-- if...
4
4

SEEKING: Tracks Ahead - PBS Video series
Hi all I just won volumes 1,2,5 and 6 on eBay and am now hoping to get Vols. 3 and 4. If anyone can help out that would be great. I would be willing to pay for them of course. I would even be willing...
5
5

Noisy track
Now that I am retired I am finally getting around to building a model railroad that I always wanted to do but could never find the time. I am doing an N gauge layout because I don't have much space. I...
36
36

More pictures to make an urban backdrop
I have added a collection of Theatre pictures that you can download to make an urban backdrop following my clinic. Take a look at The other sets of pictures are Ships & Docks, Public Buildings,...
2
2