Latest threads in Model Railroad Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

WTT: My MTH/Williams O gauge for your MTH/Lionel Standard gauge....
I have several extra pieces of MTH and Williams O gauge that I would be interested in trading for MTH or Lionel Standard gauge. I would prefer to do a local deal without shipping if possible. I am...

Rusting
Has anyone had any experience with a product called RUSTALL. I bought some at a model train show recently and while there was a example of what it turned out like, no instructions are on the bottle....
2
2

Q-Walthers decals ?
I'm finishing a Walther's feed-grain elevator and when I applied the decals, they silvered a little, even after using Solvaset. I had let the decals dry since Monday night and I am a little...
5
5

TCH Technology.
Does any one in the group know if this firm is still bussiness I E Mail them via their web sight over two weeks ago but have not received a reply. Any advice would be appericated.\ TIA Malcolm
2
2

verycoolpeople.com Miss March
----== Posted via - Usenet Access to over 100,000 Newsgroups ==---- Get Anonymous, Uncensored, Access to West and East Coast Server Farms! ----== Highest Retention and Completion Rates! ==----

rail car/automobile?
Possibly OT, but I'd like to make a Dodge Magnum train car (a la Monster Garage Jesse James Discovery Channel). Easiest way I figure is to take a short (~040) engine body off the frame and fix a...
1
1

Running with a dry smoke unit
Is it damaging to an old Lionel steamer to run the smoke unit dry (liquid or pellets)? Some of my newer engines have switches to turn the smoke unit off and instructions not to run it dry. The old...
4
4

Painting brass engine
Just bought a nice brass engine. The gold colour doesn't suite to me and would like to paint her with Polly Scale Steam Power Black. Can I just spray over the gold or do I have to remove the original...
5
5

Recommendations for How To + Steam era Videos Please
Hi all I am hoping to get some recommendations from folks for videos/DVDs on anything to do with the following: Weathering Scratchbuilding - models and locos Kitbashing Scenery making Super Detailing...
2
2

Upcoming Model Railroad Shows
Seasonal update: There are currently 330 upcoming model railroading events in the database that is displayed at If your organization has a upcoming event that would be of interest to your fellow...

Rail Bender
I want to try building my own G Scale turnouts, so I need a rail bender. I have found several listed in magazine ads, but have no idea if they work or not. I'd rather not spend $75 to find out. Can...
2
2

Playing with trains: book recommendation
I've just finished reading a book about model trains: building them, finding inspiration, etc. I thoroughly enjoyed it and you may too. "Playing with Trains: A Passion Beyond Scale" by Sam Posey. You...
5
5

Model Railroader
Hi guys, I have bound copies of 'Model Railroader' from 1948 until the mid-1950s. Do these have any value? Thanks for any information? John.
5
5

Has anybody considered building a model of
One of these: make a nice conversation piece. And shouldn't be too difficult to make. Enjoy! Peteski
4
4

Constructing roads for an industrial park
I have a small group of industrial buildings in a switching layout. We must construct a road and parking lots to make the setup functional. Walthers has just come out with a road building kit, but it...
26
26