Latest threads in Model Railroad Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Lionel question
what is best way to remove truck coupler rivet to replace spring,
3
3

Length of Micro Engineering turnouts?
Got a couple of questions I can't seem to find an answer for. My lhs has gone toes-up so I can't find out there. Question 1: in HO scale, I know ME only has a #6 turnout. What I need to know is what...
1
1

FA: Norfolk and Western Railroad stock certificate 1887
A colorful and attractive stock. Have some others available, check out my "other items" at the website below. Thanks for looking....

Weathering DVDs
Hi again all Have seen a couple of DVDs advertised that are dedicated to weathering and I was just wondering if anyone has them and if so, which ones are any good. thanks Steve
4
4

Shops in Atlanta/Chattanooga
I'm going to be in Atlanta for 1 day in a few weeks and a couple of days in Chattanooga...can anybody recomend any good hobby/model railroad shops that would be worth visiting? Cheers Gene
5
5

Long Thread

Power Ratings
A stock with a PowerRating of 10 performs 16.9 times better than the S&P 500. Google was PowerRated 9 on Feb 15, a day before its big pop. PowerRatings
1
1

Ballast question
I have purchased ballast from a company called Timber Products, in Tempe, Arizona. Is anyone aware of a web site for this outfit? Jeff
1
1

Lionel Question
Lionel LW transformer,what is term U only 1 not marked
3
3

Scale vs. Sound
Hello, all. Instead of discussing the look of scale model trains I wanted to get some thoughts from ng members as to which scale(s) comes closer to producing the clackety-clack sound of actual...
6
6

Small Utility building model for download
This is the first 1/87 building in the upcoming Urban Structures Series of my Structures for Railroads collection. Free Download at: for pdf is: colklink Cheers Bob da Kiwi Website: Models from the...
2
2

New Control System for Model RR
The April issue of Model Railroader has a news blurb about a new model control system, 5-DCC. Quite interesting, and very affordable. If you're still not sure how it works, the magazine has a video...
2
2

Need handle for for Lionel LW
I need throttle handle for Lionel LW transformer,also anything O guage for building my grandsons layout,thinking maybe 4X8 thanks Tom
1
1

Lionel
Looking for a good site for Lionel O guage,wanting to build a good setup for my grandson
1
1

Painting question
I've started doing the weathering on a model I scratch built. The sides are painted with a mixture of acrylic paints -- both the original painting I did about 2 years ago and some touch-up I did...
1
1