Latest threads in Model Railroad Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Varney trains and the Greenberg's Guide
Has anyone else noticed discrepancies between the Guide and the actual kits? I recently purchased the Gerber reefer (R-39) as an unassembled kit in the original box. I believe, since my Guide is not...

Can motors
Hi everyone, I need a replacement can motor (MC-94) for a Mantua 2-6-2 Prairie engine. The Model Power outfit that bought out Mantua does not respond. Could someone tell me where I could get a new can...
3
3

Jamco Brass 4-6-2
Hi i was wanting to know if anyone has anyinfo on this train it is brass painted black and has came in a black box it is N-Scale
3
3

DCC Sound Decoders
I recently purchased a pair of HO Athearn SD70 engines can anyone recommend which we be the best combination sound decoder to install. Thanks Wil

Train Show in Rochester, NY
Has anyone been to the RIT train show here. I'm wondering if it is good or just another swapmeet. I don't want to travel to Rochester for nothing. I've been to the local Syracuse meets here and the...

Railroad vs Railway
The two terms are used interchangeably nowadays. In reading some history it appears that, as a result of failures and/or bankruptcies, the name was changed from one to the other to indicate the X...
9
9

canadian railway modeller collection
Last chance, Complete collection 170 issues Starts at $0.99 xross canada (AB to QC) delivery available in May Box is approx 35lbs
14
14

G Gauge
Anybody in this forum into running G gauge trains? I got out of O scale back in the '80's cause I felt it was too small for me. Now I'm into G gauge (1 3/4 inches between the rails) and am wondering...
11
11

prototype drivers knowledge question
In the UK train drivers must spend time 'learning road' and then sign to confirm that they know the route(s). They are then allowed to drive trains on that route without any other person in the cab....
7
7

Custom dry transfers?
Can anyone recommend a good source for custom dry transfers (not decals)?
5
5

Railroad vs Railway?
What's the difference between a "railroad" and a "railway"?=20 =CC
172
172

Introduction and q on scales
Hi all, I'm 39 now, and alas find that all my HO stuff from the 70's succumbed to flooding (still being in boxes on my now retired parents' basement floor). Such is life. Now with 2 and 4 year old...
12
12

HO steam shovel
Hoping someone here can help me. I'm looking for a small steam shovel in HO scale. Absolutely nothing shows up in any of the listings on the Walthers site. Are there any manufacturers of what I'm...
6
6

Esquimalt and Nanimio Railway (Canada)
The esquimalt and naimio railway is back in local hands once again after 100 plus years. (Vancouver Island) It was taken over by a group of local people and is owned by the island cooorridor...

RIP DK&B Railways
Sad news: For those that didn't know, DK&B Railway's last day of operation as a brick-and-mortar shop is today, Sunday February 26, 2006. Keith Bergman will maintain a web presence, mostly as a portal...