Latest threads in Model Railroad Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

O scale Layout on 48x32 table? Layout help? Any help?
Hi, My son has a Thomas table and we are moving on to model railroads now. I thought, with space being limited we might try making a board that fits on his table. We also want to try O because we have...
5
5

Which RS3 H0 model would you recommend ?
Hi -- I am working on a smallish switching layout (11.5' x 6.5') set in 1963 where I plan to mainly be moving around cuts of up to seven or eight 40/50 foot cars at at a time in a yard using a yard...
13
13

march 2006 railroad model craftsman
Has anyone received their march 2006 railroad model craftsman in the northeast [nyc] yet?
9
9

FA: Railroad stock certifictes
Suburban Railway Detroit United Railway Port Reading Railroad Co. (NJ) Western Railway Construction Co. St. Louis, Jacksonville, & Chicago Pittsburgh, McKeesport & Connellsville

Stupid question about track clearances
I'm putting together a test / programming track. I want to use this also for checking coupler settings and general testing of kits when I build them. The board is 1600 mm by 200 mm. I know I can get 2...
6
6

The Whistle Post Forums
If you want another place to check out.. The Whistle Post forums are now online. Discussion Forums, Photo Galleries, For Sale/Wanted.... its all free!
1
1

Bachmann On30 Two-Truck Shay problem
Hello The loco just started to jerk and even not work at all. Used to run as smooth as can be. It's electrical caused I'm sure, as headlight also works only when it does move (jerks). Cleaned track...
1
1

N Scale "Cranberry" cars??
Anybody know if ConCor (or anyone else) did individual cars for the New Haven "Cranberry?" I just picked up the ConCor set, but it's only a three-car consist. I'm looking to add another one or two -...
4
4

Suggestions for small pressure pump?
Hi, This is my first post here, so please excuse if its off topic. I am building a model submarine capable of deep submerging, and to provide its buoyancy control I need a pump capable of operating at...
27
27

Anyone know what train stores are in....
Just about anywhere application of web based mapping - has many topics besides model RR. Val http://find.mapmuse.com/re1/interest.php?brandID=MTRAIN
3
3

Question on minimum HO radius
Hello all, I'm thinking on trying a layout using an O Gauge train on HO track (or On30 as I guess it's commonly called). From what I understand so far (haven't been into this hobby for a real long...
15
15

Selling My Complete Collection of Lionel O gauge vintage trains
Folks, I am selling my complete collection of Lionel O gauge vintage trains. I was hoping to give as many people the heads up as I have over 40 items for sale now. All the best Chris

Steam Locomotive Crash
This is a continuation of a thread under the same Subject which first appeared on Oc 18-22, 2005. Google Groups doesn't allow me to reply to that thread. Anyways, I ran into the postcard with the...
10
10

Chicago railfan group addy wanted
Hi all! I'm working on my layout , planning stage, and am looking for railfan group(s) for the pre- Amtrak Chicago passenger info that I can contact. I'm interested in the various stations'...
2
2

Part II - contact INFO
Please e-mail me at: mc Many Thanks! Matt