Best Rated threads in Model Railroad Forumshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

ROCO turntable
I want to connect a ROCO turntable (ref 42615) to au digital system (home made). I have not the shematics of the electic connections to the bridge. ROCO manual gives the connection to the legacy...

Four-truck Shay
In the late 1980s I acquired a pristine brass Westside Model Company HOn3 four-truck Shay. The model is unpainted but according to the box it's a "Hassinger Lumber Company" locomotive. I'm familiar...
5
5

diode matrix with tortoise switch machines?
Hi, I'm planning on building a yard using Tortoise switch machines, and I wanted to have the ability to be able to press a button on the control panel that corresponds to a track for which I'd like...
5
5

New Rivarossi Heisler Review
A few weeks ago I posed a question re the current Rivarossi Heisler in HO scale. I was wondering if it was much different from the older one. One reply said it had new mechanism. Well I got my new one...

Weathering with Chalk/Sealing with Dullcote
Hi all, I tried weathering some boxcars with chalk for the first time today and thought I was doing OK. That is, until I sprayed on some Testor's Dullcote and blew the chalk away. The Dullcote when...
11
11

Re: Newbie question on DC/DCC control
Marty DCC is a great way of controlling a model railroad. It was actually designed for handling small layouts like yours so I believe you will find it very enjoyable. The selection of a system is a...
23
23

Atlanta Division Timetable for CSX
Atlanta Division Timetable for CSX. Includes Tilford Yard, Atlanta, W&A route, Abbeville, Georgia road and many others. A must for any railroad collector. A little wear from being carried in bag on...

temporary train platform?
Hi everyone, I have two trains to display yearly along with a Christmas tree in the middle, so the display is temporary. What's a good method to have a platform laying on the floor to hold the...
1
1

How to change headlight on Athearn Genesis 2-8-2 Mike
Hi, I have an Athearn Genesis 2-8-2 Mikado that I would like to change the headlight on (hate the yellow color...) I know how to pull the front of the boiler off to expose the wires that are connected...
8
8

DCC debate: Railcom or Transponding? Loconet or XpressNet?
Hello there, I am planning to get a DCC command station (I expect to have my first decoder-equipped locomotives this winter), so I stumbled upon some decisions to be made: First one: if I want two-way...
28
28

Old Infrared Controllers by Catnip Enterprises
Back in the early 1990s an Australian company, Catnip Enterprises, sold an infrared handheld controller, the TH-200-IR. This was long before the days of DCC. I still have one that I use on my...
21
21

Train Set Used in Superman Returns
Anyone See the layout that they used in the movie Superman Returns? Looks pretty good. Wish I had the space and time to develope a layout like that. M
6
6