Best Rated threads in Model Railroad Forumshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

How to change headlight on Athearn Genesis 2-8-2 Mike
Hi, I have an Athearn Genesis 2-8-2 Mikado that I would like to change the headlight on (hate the yellow color...) I know how to pull the front of the boiler off to expose the wires that are connected...
8
8

Old Infrared Controllers by Catnip Enterprises
Back in the early 1990s an Australian company, Catnip Enterprises, sold an infrared handheld controller, the TH-200-IR. This was long before the days of DCC. I still have one that I use on my...
21
21

Decals for ho E33 Conrail loco
Dear Friends, I'm reworking my Conrail E33 ho loco and, after repainting job, i need new decals. Can help me to find correct decals for this loco? Thank You in advance, Mauro fron Italy On 1/30/2010...
2
2

oil on moving parts?
I am new to model trains, should I use oil or a lubricant on the running gear on steam engins, internal cogs and worm screws and wheel bearings? tia, Grant. gw: Most moving parts should use a light...
105
105

The Polar Express Doesn't Smoke
I got a Polar Express set for around the Christmas tree, and found that I don't get any puffing smoke. Everything else seems to work fine. It's been 34 years since I had a train and I had forgotten...
12
12

Little "Q" Model RR Club open house this weekend
Little "Q" Model Railroad Club of Aurora, Illinois, is holding its 48th annual open house this weekend. Featured will be our main layout, our portable layout (which appears in public much less often...

Kato Warranty Failures
Hi, I just wanted to see if anyone else is seeing the issues with Kato that I am. I recently purchased the N-Scale F40PH engines with the new superliner cars. One ot the engines runs horribly and...
16
16

Repairing Lionel Catalog #6-18003, #1501 locomotive
There supposedly exists an article in a 2003 issue of Classic Toy Trains about how to repair the item mentioned in the subject line, a Lackawanna locomotive. I cannot access the PDF file on the...
1
1

My Gorre & Daphetid pictures
can see a special page on the Gorre & Daphetid that was built about twenty years ago. The link is -- Phil Anderson Up hill slow, down hill fast, tonnage first, safety last. You can see a special page...
1
1

Triang Hornby motors
Hi, I tried a google on this but didn't really get a straight amswer. I have two Triang Hornby locos c1972, (class 37 and class 31) both with same motor and the same problem - they don't run ! They...
7
7

Curtains for HO Scale Buildings
Hi, Anybody got any techniques they'd like to share for making curtains for HO buildings? I thought of going simple (gluing in bits of construction paper) to complex (use a digital camera to take a...
8
8

Bad Business Dealings With Fred Becker
I guess no ones knows the truth about where the Front Range Geeps came from. Does anyone remember a new company that was starting up called "East Coast Models" HO Scale. They were advertising is...
1
1

MRC Railmaster - Overload keeps tripping
Please try not to laugh as you read a posting from this novice... I'm finishing up a few new track loops on my HO layout. One loops is working nicely, on the other the engine runs a few seconds and...
13
13