Best Rated threads in Model Railroad Forumshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Re: Okay to use Blue Board in Child's Room?
Lon: If you do use plywood be aware that it does a fair share of out gassing also. I don't know where to look right off hand but do a search on Google for environmental allergies. There are some...
20
20

Rivets for HO steam valve gear needed
I have a brass Gem 0-4-0 and noticed that a rivet has come loose from the valve gear. The rivet is not present anymore for reuse. Where can I get rivets or how can I fabricate something to reattach...
2
2

HO Scale Electric Train Set
Need info on a train set that I have: It is an HO scale electric train set. The maker is Model Power. It is a 1998 Second Edition, made for the company I work for, Dana Corporation. It is still in the...
3
3

Newbie question - Marklin Digital
Hi all. I recently returned to the model railroading hobby. My entire collection is based on Marklin products from the late 80's and early 90's. I became interested in the Marklin Digital brand,...
7
7

Broadway Ltd Class A 2-6-6-4
Good Morning All, I just got my Class A the other day and thought you might be interested in my opinions of the engine. First of all, the sound is great. I need to get the volume under control a bit,...
4
4

Flex Track Adhesive?
Can someone recommend some good adhesives for putting flex track down on non-nailable surfaces (like styrofoam)? Also what's your preference when the roadbed is something like plywood or particle...
9
9

What's 'wrong' with Tyco?
Hi everybody and happy new year, I'll start with my question and then explain what I'm talking about. Why are tyco trains considered toys (junk)?..........
24
24

The Carbondale Central?
Upstream a bit is a thread regarding Malcom Furlow's latest model railroad to appear in MR. While the general feeling is that his current offering is done in a fashion way outside the hobby's main...
3
3

Mantua 4-6-2 questions
Scored the above in kit form. It arrived today and looks quite nice. Coupla questions though. 1) Which 4-6-2 is this supposed to represent, or is it a hodge podge of prototype features? The long ligh...
9
9

Shinkansen - Kato vs. Tomix vs. Micro Ace?
All, I'm currently in the market for some N-scale shinkansen trains - found what appears to be a fairly well-stocked store in Japan on the net that'll do mail-order to the US: off, anyone have any...
7
7

Sculptamold vs. Celluclay
Hi I went to my local art supply store, but they didn't have Sculptamold. They did have Celluclay in 5 lb bags, though. Nearly bought it, but for $20 I held off. Can anyone familiar with the relative...
4
4

Woodland scenics flex paste ?
I laid out some flex paste over styrofoam last night and woke to find many areas that need smoothing. How in the world can you smooth out something that flexable? It says on the bottle that it can be...
3
3

Model Railroader magazine: 75-year collection on DVD-ROM
So which of you early adopters out there already got a Model Railroader magazine DVD? What are your thoughts on the product? Mark Mathu Whitefish Bay, Wis. Shop Our Stores | Kalmbach Media
21
21

PRR GG-1
Hi Everyone, I've been lurking here a while, getting a lot of tips and info from all the knowledgeable folks here- most questions I've had have been asked before, and the answers are always good. I...
22
22

Polar Express loco parts diagram?
The plastic gold whistle on my Polar Express 0-Scale loco snapped off. Is there a parts list diagram to figure out what part to order? Searched 's website, but couldn't locate the info... Chet
13
13

Lionel CW-80 Transformer Probs for a NOOB
A friend just gave us a Lionel set for the kids. There seems to be an issue with the CS-80 transformer. After plugging it up the green light does not come on, but I can hear the fan in the...
3
3

original lionel model 55 1936 airplane
I was cleaning out an attic of an old house and found an ORIGINAL (not the reproduction) 1936 Model 55 remote controlled airplane. It is in perfect working order, and overall in excellent condition....
11
11

POLA HO-Scale # 310670 5-Stall Roundhouse 'Freilassing'
Does anyone know if the POLA HO-Scale # 310670 5-Stall Roundhouse 'Freilassing' has the same door closing mechanism as the the Faller 120218 5 Stall Roundhouse. I beleive the Faller 120218 replaced...

HO caboose interior kit
Hello, I want to pimp 2 of my HO caboose's (one side windows caboose and one wide vision caboose) and do that I'm looking for interior kits. A tried to get them in the netherlands but without succes....
32
32

LGB 5012 Outdoor "Hut" Throttle: Help Please
Have searched the group and cannot find anything on this. Apologies if this is a duplicate thread. I have recently bought a 2nd hand 5012 throttle. I can't work out if I am doing something wrong or it...
3
3