Best Rated threads in Model Railroad Forumshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Kadee and etc. : For Sale
Hello Everyone, I am selling my collection of Kadee cars. They are in mint condition. They have never been run on a layout. Some were displayed in my office on shelving so they have some dust....
1
1

MR track plans
Well, I see the group is empty again today, so I'll fill the emptiness with a vent. Some of you may already know that the only way I read MR since about '85 or so is via the public library. That way I...
29
29

Railway Semaphore
I have a chance to buy a large actual Railway Signal Semaphore, with the blade. How much are they worth? As much as you are willing to pay. Plus my commission ... Very little. But I happen to have:...
3
3

Commercial layouts we've seen
A reply in another thread set me to thinkin': > What other commercial layouts have we seen in our travels? By which I mean model railroads (or dioramas or such) at commercial establishments that...
24
24

Nickel Plate Products Brass -Anyone got any?
Just collected an N.P.P. Southern Pacific MM-3 articulated and wondered if anyone else here has owned anything imported by N.P.P.? According to the Brown Book it was made in '83 -presumably in Korea-...

Help on 1958 Lionel Horn replacement
Last year around this time, I asked for help concerning where the horn was supposed to be in my 1958 Lionel 218 Santa Fe locomotive. Originally purchased from my grandfather, my Dad had no...
1
1

AHM/IHC GG1 to EP3 Kitbash Question
Have there been any MRC/RMC/Whatever articles on "kitbashing" an AHM or IHC GG-1 into a New Haven EP-3 "Flat Bottom"? Len Not that I've ever seen. Some folks have made EP-4's and EF-3's out of GG-1...
31
31

How to remove shell from Genesis Mikado
I've been looking at it and nothing obvious strikes me. The screws don't appear to holding it on just the bottom bits to the frame. Don't want to just start jamming in a screwdriver wihtout some idea...

Beginner in need of help - cleaning track.
Hi folks, I'm really new to model railroading and I am dealing with some used pieces of track. I have a few track questions to start: 1) What's the best way to clean track and to keep it that way? 2)...
11
11

MRC TECH II power pack
One of my power packs is a MRC TECH II Railmaster 2400. It is old, but still performs flawlessly. There is something rattling around inside the case that is really bugging me. I tried to unfasten the...
14
14

Lionel ZW Transformer Whistle Switch
I tried a Lionel ZW transformer with two 180 watt power packs. The indicator switch on the first power pack is dead. But it does provide power, as does the other one on which the power indicator works...
16
16

Printers and Decals - ALPS Out Of Production Still The Only Option?
Group, Anyone have an update on the status of decal printing on home user printers? Specifically for printing gold, silver, white letters, etc. Previously, the only option was some out of production...
30
30

Boston & Maine 2-6-0 Mogul in HO?
Guys -- I'm thinking about getting a Boston & Main 2-6-0 Mogul for my (future) Lexington Branch RR. The prototype will be the engines run by the B&M in suburban service during the 1940s and '50s. I'd...
4
4

HO Equivalent of Gargraves Track
I haven't seen anything identical to Gargraves track in HO scale. In your collective opinion, what would be the highest quality HO scale track? I currently have an oval of Bachmann Easy Track - kind...
40
40

Transformer replacement for KW?
Hi. I'm running a Lionel 665 + tender + brakeman on the roof car + barrel car + tank car and lighted caboose under our Christmas tree (small oval). My KW transformer circuit breaker may be faulty...
36
36

What are Vintage 1950 Fleischmann HO trains worth?
I recently moved into an retirement home. During the move I found my Fleischmann trains I had purchased in Germany fifty years ago. I used these for the years I was in Germany and a few after. They...
2
2

carbondale centralstill around?
Looking trough some old Modelrailroader magazines I saw the Carbondal Central again (series started jan 1988). This lay-out made me start at the hobby. Does anyone know of the Carbondale Central is...

LGB glue.
I have a broken part on an LGB freight car that is made out of that slippery sort of black plastic often referred to in advertisements as "engineering plastic". Can anyone who has had success mending...
5
5

Signal at the end of the train
Generally, back then, kerosene lamps were used with one at each side of the body of the car. The lamps stuck out so that they could be seen down the length of the train and the brackets were often on...
13
13

Atlas TR12 demonstrator
I recently acquired an ancient Atlas/Rivarossi N scale SW1200 in the GM TR12 demonstrator livery. The TR12 was a cow + calf unit but I only have the cow. Does anybody happen to have a TR12 calf, or...