Best Rated threads in Model Railroad Forumshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

carbondale centralstill around?
Looking trough some old Modelrailroader magazines I saw the Carbondal Central again (series started jan 1988). This lay-out made me start at the hobby. Does anyone know of the Carbondale Central is...

LGB glue.
I have a broken part on an LGB freight car that is made out of that slippery sort of black plastic often referred to in advertisements as "engineering plastic". Can anyone who has had success mending...
5
5

Signal at the end of the train
How looked the red signal used during nights at the end of the train (mounted on the caboose) on a small branch line in the time frame 1900 - 1920? I want to build one with a red LED on my Bachmann...
13
13

Atlas TR12 demonstrator
I recently acquired an ancient Atlas/Rivarossi N scale SW1200 in the GM TR12 demonstrator livery. The TR12 was a cow + calf unit but I only have the cow. Does anybody happen to have a TR12 calf, or...

Paul Torn
I am new to this group, so if this is previously been addressed, forgive me. Some years ago, about 1996, I bought a welder from a man named Paul Torn in Austin, TX. At that time, he was closing or...
2
2

DCC and running locos from overhead traction wiring
Hi, I've got a couple of loco models that have live overhead traction wiring support through their pantographs and one question which I've raised in forums at my site in these two threads: ?t=30is...
55
55

"Boy's Life" Layout
I got into a discussion with a gentleman today who mentioned building a 4'x8' HO layout years ago, based on a series of articles published in "Boy's Life" magazine. I remember seeing the articles in...
6
6

Replacement of Genesis F7 light bulbs
A lot of jobs are tedious, but they still have to be done {;^) Brian
5
5

Train & Trooper Hobby Shop in Maine -- Is it still there?
I just tried to get to their website and I'm getting absolutely no response. Does anyone know a) If they're still in business b) They moved a few years ago. Where's the new location? TIA Norm
3
3

Railroading in Galviston Texas
Gang, We just got back from a week on the beach in Galveston Texas. I had a chance to revisit the Railroad Museum at 25th and the Strand. It has grown since I was there quite a few years ago. They had...
2
2

HOn3: Have I missed out? MDC #474?
I'm interested in devoting a spare bedroom to an HOn3 layout. A long time ago I built a HOn3 2-8-0 from MDC. It was the outside frame version. I'd like to get my hands on one again but I can't find...
4
4

How to lay cork roadbed under turnout
Hi, can anyone give me suggestions for how to lay cork roadbed where turnouts will go? I seem to have a very hard time getting the two "inside pieces" to line up squarely. Is there any easy way to do...
6
6

Wiring Lionel 153 Signal Block
I have created a block using insulating pins (put in the middle rail). I believe I have wired the 153 signal block and 153C contactor correctly: 1 to green, 2 to red, 3 to transformer, and middle...
3
3

Cloudy or milky Woodland Scenics Realistic Water?
Does anyone have experience with Woodland Scenics Realistic Water turning cloudy or milky as it sets? I think I've followed the instructions correctly, that is, pouring a shallow layer and letting it...
8
8

Delta trailing truck drawings?
Hi, I am looking for scale drawings of Commonwealth delta locomotive trailing trucks. Please respond if you know of any drawings out there. I've tried google and the model train magazine index without...
7
7

PRR CONGRESSIONAL
Can anyone give me a consist list for the CONGRESSIONAL please. I've checked several references but cannot get an accurate number of coaches, or the types of coaches, diners, bags, lounges etc. It was...
20
20

Piermont Division/Howard Zane ownership change
I noticed that Howard Zane has sold his brass business to Dan Glasure. It seemed surprising given that he is one of the top brass experts. I bought a couple of pieces from him many years ago. I hope...
4
4

HO scale Bachmann Plasticville "Independence Hall"
Anyone know where I might come across an HO scale Bachmann/Plasticville "Independence Hall" model? I have seen from time to time, Bachmann has re-released their Plasticville Series and I was wondering...

Lionel HO Challenger
Having just acquired one of these at the big discount, I am so far pleased except for one thing: The boiler seems to be unstable and easily rocked from side to side. At speeds above 20 MPH, it does a...
1
1

White Letter Decal Kit (was: Printers with white ink for decals?)
Has anyone tried the SuperCal White Letter Decal Kit? I didn't know that they offered such a product. http://www.supercaldecals.com/super3A.html
4
4