Latest threads in ⚙ Stationary Engines - UKshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

12 volt or 240volt Generator
I'm searcing for a 12 or 240 volt slow rotation generator in order to charge batteries through the day from a 250rpm engine, albeit belt pulley is 24" Diameter. Can anyone out there help? Bob Stone
2
2

Free parts
Hi all, I'm having a clear-out and have some free stuff available: Petter A fuel tank bracket (the kind where the tank is mounted quite high up with the outlet on the underside). Needs new bolts and a...

Norman SC usage
Does anyone know what our military chaps did with their Norman SCs? I have yet to see an SC actually doing anything or attached to anything (i.e. gensets, pump sets etc). Was there a genset or similar...
3
3

Cooling tank height
Yes, I know, we must have been through this a dozen times, but....... I'm restoring my Norman (presumed) water-cooled engine and have got to the point of building the cooling tank arrangement. Now,...
7
7

Live Steam model indentification
Hi all, Dont know whether this is the right forum to ask but could anyone help to identify a twin cyl steam model I have recently aquired? Or point me in the right direction for the info. Have got it...

Lister F2 Oil filter???
Anybody out there have an opinion on fitting an after market oil filter to a lister FR2 (Freedom) the existing filter is a rough gauze system. Vic Hyde-

Bromham Mill (this Sunday)
Gentlemen, Three friends !!!!! who said they were coming to Bromham Mill this Sunday with their engines have now decided to go else where so I have some space for anybody who lives nr Bedford. Arrive...

Going to hibernate are we
Gentlemen, Where are we, topic for discussion, the winter project. Martin P
12
12

What is it ?
I know ebay is not to be discussed on the group , but the shipping on this one puts us all out of its league :) Found this on ebay down under , just wondered what it is ? My guess is a National ?
1
1

'Special K'
An interesting small marine engine offered at sodbury sort-out for around £360 by same chap who has been hawking a Levis flat twin around for ages. Pics now on webshots (I hope):-
3
3

Which oil ?
I have just bought a Petter A series 11. After a bit of tweaking it runs OK but the oil looks rather dirty so an oilchange would probable be a good idea. The manual says "Petter engine oil" - very...
2
2

Photo recovery
ISTR a recommendation being made in these parts for software which could recover photos from dodgy memory sticks. I am sorely in need of such and can't now find the post - will someone lighten my...
6
6

Free electric motors
Hi folks, I have a bunch of electric motors sitting in the shed doing not enough. I seem to collect motors at a much greater rate than I use them, so I need to prune my collection somewhat. The...

Internal Fire weekend
Gentlemen, If you go to the "My Photo's" link below you will see all my pictures from last weekend. Martin P
6
6

Compression Software
Gentlemen, Can somebody point me in the direction of free Compression software please. Martin P
4
4