Latest threads in ⚙ Stationary Engines - UKshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Internal Fire End of Season Event
I've put a few pictures up from the Internal Fire event at the weekend: always a very good do, with lots of new exhibits (some of which we managed to get running, with various degrees of success) - I...
10
10

1929 Blackburne question
Can anyone tell me where I might find any info about a 1929 Blackburne engine? It was suggested that I try asking my question in this group. Did Blackburne make stationary engines? It is a 500cc OHV...
5
5

Lion engine help.
Had this email in during the day: +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Can you help ? do you know any one who has a lion 1.75hp engine as I need some information as I am in...
2
2

Webber engine
Does anyone know when a engine by the name of Webber was manufactured? The engine in question is a four cylinder side-walve, with a BTH mag chain driven from the crankshaft. It is part of a damn big...
6
6

Bits at IF this weekend
I've been sorting out some rarely disturbed corners of my workshop recently and have come to the conclusion that I've a greater quantity of some bits than I will ever need. With Paul's permission, I...

Martin Hirst
Martin I have finished scanning the Stuart h/book for you.Unfortunately I have also deleted your E address. Mike.H.

Sodbury sort-out
Who else is heading to the Newbury show ground this Sat? I'll go along - just for a look you understand. As I can't move in the workshop and my continuity of employment is still hanging by a thread,...
12
12

Slightly OT possibly, but thought you might be interested
I found this earlier today, a 6 stroke engine development - thought you might be interested. The site seems a bit slow at the moment so perseverance might be required.

Mystery Engine
I've been musing over the identity of the engine on the generating set in this picture for a while now: It's a snip from a larger image showing a steam traction engine crane loading a railway cart...
22
22

Challenger Stationary Engine
Hi I have just purchased an open crank 1 1/2 hp engine made by Challenger Company Illinois U.S.A. Does anyone have an info of this engine ie engine dating, parts or maintenance. Regards

OT - humour
Bit like the man with the canoe .......... Regards, Kim Siddorn The Pogo stick. Sometimes when I went to the shed to get some wood for the stove, I'd notice the old red pogo stick lurking in the...
1
1

O/T Remarkable Rust Inhibitor
It seems peat is a marvellous rust inhibitor - look at: presume that there must have been precious little oxygen in that lake Taken from the models.engneering news group, thought others on here would...
1
1

Vapour engine
I found this advertisement in an old book I was given - "Brown's Nautical Almanac, 1928" See: will they think of next? Anyone any knowledge or ideas about this? Doesn't seem to have caught on,...
2
2

Bamford EV1 restoration
Many thanks to all who have helped with advice etc. Thought it was about time I put the pictures of my restoration on view. Only recently finished but quite happy with the end result, runs lovely and...
7
7

S-T P4
Hi all, does anyone have a copy of manuals for a Stuart Turner P4 engine they would be willing to trade for some beer tokens ??? I am still having trouble with my engine and have decided to do a total...
1
1