Latest threads in ⚙ Stationary Engines - UKshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Mk 15 Villiers
I've been after one of these little overhead valve engines in a desultory fashion for some time. I've chased four without success, but finally collared one with a stuck valve for about twenty-five...
6
6

BSA Generators
Gentlemen, Anybody got a Manual for a Chorehorse or its British equivalent BSA Generator. 15 VDC, 300 Watts 20 amps I could have a copy of Please. Martin P
9
9

Barleylands Pics
Hi Chaps, Pictures of last weekend's Barleylands show at: about 150 engines and associated paraphernalia including a few pre-1900's engines and other rarities - an excellent show, though tiring with...
9
9

Haddenham Steam Rally
Gentlemen, Haddenham Steam Rally last weekend, pictures in usual place. Also Milton Keynes Museum of Rural Life has a classic car and stationary engine day this Sunday, worth visiting this weekend if...

Lister Petter Rally Announcement
Gentlemen It has been announced in an article in our local weekly paper that the Lister Petter (or Nibley) Rally is moving to a new site at Berkeley Castle. This is due to a problem between the...
1
1

Best penetrant to help remove spark plug stuck in an aluminium head.
I am attempting to remove two very reluctant spark plugs. They have not been shifted for over ten years and I suspect they are stuck with a mixture of carbon and burned-on oil. I have no reason to...
39
39

Blackstone Vertical Hopper cooled 1-1/2 to 2hp Petrol for sale
In our local farm machinery catalogue, described as 'restored to working order'. Asking price is £1250, but might be subject to negotiation. Contact me off-list for the contact details if interested....
4
4

Piston ring gap spacing
What is the current thinking on ring gap spacing around the periphery of the piston? I learnt the traditional method of 120° (for 3 rings), but am reconsidering. My Toyota Landcruiser book recommends...
4
4

Petter AV1 gen-set
Having recently started into the hobby of stationary engines with my father, we have aquired two Petter single cylinder diesel engines. One is a Petter PAZ1 1.65bhp @ 1000 rpm believed to be used in...
1
1

Re: Lister CS...Urgent advice needed........Emergency Stop.....Caution pays.
Well, I decided to do further checks before trying to start this engine. I had checked the oil, and it was amazingly clear. It looked like it had been very recently changed so I thought it should be...
4
4

Anson on the box (Granada)
Geoff Chalinor sent me the attached. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Just thought you might like to know that the museum is due to be featured on this...
1
1

Heritage Weekend
The Westcott Engine Museum, which is situated in Chapel Lane, Westcott, on the A25 about three miles from Dorking, will be open all this weekend. Examples of early engines, incuding probably the only...

Lister CS...Urgent advice needed........Emergency Stop
Hope to try cranking up my CS this weekend. I have overhauled the pump (totally seized...rack bent so it needed doing), and I have not run it before. Concern now is that it may be assembled wrong....
17
17

OT - Al - gebra ......
I was sent this ;o)) International Airport as he attempted to board a flight while in possession of a ruler, a protractor, a set square, a slide rule, and a calculator. believes the man is a member of...
2
2

GDSF pictures
Gentlemen, I have placed for your pleasure all of the pictures I took at the Dorset Steam fair, not as many as I have taken before, due to a small problem with my left foot which I must say having...
4
4