Latest threads in ⚙ Stationary Engines - UKshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Chuck Wendel's New Book
We have 12 copies coming over, price will be less than the advertised cover price due to a discount offered by Chuck Wendel.. I have a list of folks who have asked to be put down for a copy, please...

Haddenham Steam Rally
Gentlemen, I am off to the Haddenham Steam Rally, a very good event just north west of Cambridge. Will wear my Campingstoveman cap for ident reasons as it is not going to rain :-)) Hopefully see some...

Anyone got a 2 BA left hand threaded machine screw?
Aargh! Yesterday I made a real mess of a screw trying to remove it because I didn't realise it was left hand threaded. One of those times when a manual would have been really useful. Does anyone have...
14
14

Camerton Village crank up
A pleasant one-day show on Sunday only. I counted twenty engines and the weather - which was vertically damp until about 8.30am - was kind to us. It was fun for us and the village hall caff did a mean...

Russian generator
I was in Milton Keynes on business for much of Monday, but, by arrangement, I called in to see Michael Henriksen in Harpenden & relieve him of his Russian Cold War generator, complete with box of...
13
13

Re: Video proof as animals are skinned alive. SHOCK - Calls for China fur ban as animal cruelty exposed . - GRAPHIC WARNING!! HELP.
I am really very much against this kind of spammed communication, but clicked on the link out of curiosity. I am far from being a squeamish man & have seen a fair amount of blood in my time, both mine...

National Rail Museum and Deltic engine
Cross-posted to model engineering and stationary engine newsgroups. We had a delivery trip up north today, and a couple of hours to kill in between the last delivery and a collection in York, so we...

Webshots new styling
What do you think about the new styling on the webshots pages? My first impression is that it is worse than it was but perhaps I am missing some new features. Other peoples opinions will be...
4
4

Petter/ Lister starter motor
I have a friend who has a Petter(Lister) AD1 engine. He requires an electric starter motor for this and purchased TWO, only to discover the starter motor bendix (?) rotate in the wrong direction -...
1
1

removing grease spots from carpets?
I'm hoping someone here will have knowledge to help me. I was cleaning up a bought-at-auction Record #82 quick release vice (10 quid!). I'm sure people are familiar with the sort of stuff that was...
27
27

GDSF
Where any other members blown away from the Dorset Steam Fair?
4
4

Bit OT - Oil pump & magneto
I've found a Lucas LDV vee twin magdyno. I'd guess at late twenties- early thirties. I've cleaned it & painted the magnet, but there are some cover bits missing. The dynamo motors & there is a weak...

Gardner Engines
Hi, Could anyone please give me an idea of how much a six cylinder Gardner engine weighs? I think its a 6lxb, its coming out of a Bristol bus, but I'm only guessing at the model number. Many thanks in...
2
2

Norman model SC Do you have a handbook?
My friend Peter Lowe in Oz is looking for a manual or for someone to copy one for him. I did own a SC many years ago but never owned the manual. Can anyone help please.
6
6

صدام وهو سكران لايطوفكم هالمقطع
2LXYr9in2YUg2YjZh9mIINiz2YPYsdin2YYg2YTYp9mK2LfZiNmB2YPZhSDZh9in2YTZhdmC2LfY uQoK2KfZhNiz2YTYp9mFINi52YTZitmD2YUK2YfYp9iw2Yog2KfYsdio2Lkg2KfZgdmE2KfZhSDZ...
1
1