Latest threads in ⚙ Stationary Engines - UKshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

OT; but amusing
Gentlemen, There is always someone worse of than you, by yesterday my boss was about to commit hari kari. Monday one engineer went to Italy for training another flew early to Edinburgh for the day. He...
3
3

Where to get washing soda?
Hi all, This week I was lucky enough to acquire a laboratory power supply. It supplies 0-25 V DC at up to 15 A. I thought it would be ideal for doing a bit of electrolytic de-rusting, but I can't find...
9
9

OT - There's so many ...
"Is it a bird, is it a plane - no it's Astra 3A. XX" TIME SATELLITE TRACKING Regards, Kim Siddorn Diplomacy done, plates spun, fires fought, maidens eaten - well, three out of four ain't bad

August Bank Holiday Monday
Hello I have been given the daunting task at such short notice of organising a vintage section of an event held on the Bank holiday Monday 28th August 2006 near Leek in Staffordshire. The fayre is...

Interesting gen-set for sale
I am having a good clearout of the garage and shed and have decided my Russian gen-set has to go to make room for my motorcycles. The gen-set has a 2-stroke engine and 1000watt output. It is believed...
1
1

OT but interesting
Gentlemen, On my way down the A1 this afternoon I came across an escorted Combine Harvester, John Deere in make. The interesting bit is that it took up the inside lane and most of the Hard shoulder,...

Can someone help this person?
's selling a rather attractive TVO fueled single cylinder Petters A series. However, it is plated as a Petters AP2 , serial number 352699. This number seriers does not appear in Peter Forbes' Petters...
1
1

Welland, Pickering & Cromford
We were at Welland last weekend, it says something when there are more Tangye's (5) on the engine line than there were Lister D's (3). Great weekend with some really nice stuff on display. Thursday...
1
1

WELL DONE BUTTON
AT LAST! (and don't anyone tell me not to shout)
11
11

What's on
Gentlemen, Next weekend I am collecting something down south is there any shows on between London and Southampton I could visit. Martin P
1
1

Petter AP1 or PA1???
Hello, All! I've asked for some information on this engine before to this group, but did not get any response, so I'm trying my luck again with a little but more info/confusion! This will be my first...

Tulip top Bamford on a mug
Does anyone know if any mugs have been made with a Tulip top Bamford on the side. I am thinking of having one made as a gift but don't want to find out I could have bought one at a fraction of the...
1
1

Travelling north again
Gentlemen, I am travelling north as far as Alnwick on Monday, returning to Sheffield Tuesday night and returning back to Bedfordshire on Friday evening. If you want anything collected back to...
4
4

Ot: slightly amusing and annoyed also
Gentlemen, Seen yesterday on the back of a Artic Tractor unit I was passing " 530 horses + 1 Stallion" tickled me. Now for the annoyed bit, thank god for the "kill file" because those two gents were...
28
28

Wolseley Spare
Hi all. Does anybody know of a company that suppplies cork gaskets for Wolseley WD's or will I have to make my own? Thanks, Charlie.