Latest threads in ⚙ Stationary Engines - UKshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Fingal Vintage show 06'
Hi All , Our 'loca'l rally took place last sunday in Lusk ,Co.Dublin ; And every year it seems to be increasing in size . I brought 2 engines (the fairbanks Z was due to go but it needs a new main...
2
2

Lister stationary engine web page
Came across this webpage the other day and while I am certainly no engineer, but cant see how a lot of whats on is accurate. Just interested to hear some expert views on the content of the site, as to...
20
20

SEM Index
Hi Chaps, Does anyone know of a searchable SEM Index? I don't know about you guys but I find that searching through all of the different published indexes a couple of years at a time a right royal...
10
10

A modern stirling engine
http://www.stirlingpowermodule.com/
2
2

Rebuilding a Stuart Turner P5
I am currently rebuilding one of these engines for use in a miniature railway locomotive. A major problem I have is that it has become obvious that the flywheel has been loose on the shaft for a...
8
8

Unknown gas engine on back of SEM
Says Aerograph (or similar) plus a bit of ingenuity to me - what do you think?

Bloody rain ...
Yesterday, I got up bright & early, mission statement in head "Get the ST flat twin going for the crank up tonight". I needed to make up a petrol pipe, modify the base of the EIC magneto to fit the...

Trailer Towing
An entry in our club newsletter has produced some howlers on trailer regulations that really need to be corrected. The worst of these is (quoted) "No vehicle is allowed to tow on the road any trailer...

Alldays and Onions
Hi Everyone, Does anyone happen to have hidden away in their workshops any parts for a Allon motorcycle made by Alldays and Onions in 1915? Regards Rotty

Tears of Joy
Gentlemen, For those of you who like me take Stationary Engine it was a pleasure to read David Edgington's article about a certain Petter Nut and his Petter Marine engine. I don't think I am wrong...
10
10

Lamport Railway Rally
Gentlemen, I spent a good weekend amongst friends getting quietly roasted by the sun, a small do but with plenty going on plus a free ride on the train in the evening to all exhibitors and trades...

Bradford engine spares
Im having a clear out of the garage and have a couple of Bradford e/c crankcases going spare, Ive stored them for about 5 years and have decided to get rid of them unless anybody can find a use for...

Lister CS History
Well, I got my copy of the new book....it's amazing. Best £12.00 I've spent in a long time. Can't understand why it's on ebay for £14.99 + £2.75 when you can get it direct from the author of...
5
5

Engine ID's
Hi, I took these pictures of engines a while ago at rallies, but I have since forgotten the makers of them. Can anyone help??? Thanks Andy Webshots, the best in Desktop Wallpaper, Desktop Backgrounds,...
6
6

Engines ID's
Hi, I tiik these pictures of engines at rallies a while ago, but I have since forgotten the makers of them, can anyone help?? thanks. Andy Webshots, the best in Desktop Wallpaper, Desktop Backgrounds,...