Latest threads in ⚙ Stationary Engines - UKshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Want to buy........
I am new at all of this engine thingy, but I would very much like to buy and restore an old Stationary engine. I have been told that perhaps a lister d would be a good one to start with and was...
3
3

Hot Air Engine For Sale
Hello All, Just to let people know, I am putting my Gardner 1890 Robinson's Patent no. 6 up for sale. Apparently, although it is very big, it isn't big enough to live in ! and I have to buy something...
2
2

Wico Series A Magneto
I have a Wico Series A numbers A1113BZ - E 983042 for sale I do not believe it has ever been fitted to an engine any one interested contact me I have pics I can email .
1
1

Thinder and lighteneing and BSA
Well I blame Martin for raising the thread about thunder storms. We had a couple of good ones here last night. I've never seen lightening strike horizontally from cloud to cloud before. The flashes...
3
3

Waldershore Rally?
Does anyone know anything about the Waldershore Steam Rally and Country Fair? It's this weekend and is near Dover but that's all I know about it. There is a website : but it only shows a copy of a...

Crossley model (ebay)
I'm sure several of us will have been watching this with the kind of detached interest that knowing you can't afford it brings! couple of questions; what age + type was the prototype and, if the model...

Vintage machinery auction
Just a heads up that there is a vintage machinery auction in York next month, the catalogue is on their site now and includes a few goodies that may interest people here. Greg
2
2

Jones Oil Engine Corporation
Help !!!!!!!!! Please :o) Someone has posted some pictures of a 20HP Jones on and wants to narrow down the dating. The owner simply states "that these pumps were essentially unchanged from the 1890s...

Old Generator 3-pin plug?
After managing to get our stuart twin running, we now need an old style round 3-pin plug to connect up the 24V generator properly. The generator connector is brass and has the make 'NIPHAN' cast into...
5
5

astle park steam rally 12/13th aug
astle park steam rally on the 12/13th aug (same venue as 1000 engine) has now agreed to accept stationary engines and is back on. percy gallimore is co-ordinating the engine section. details from
3
3

Building a steam engine..
I'm toying with the idea of building a steam engine as a winter project. Nothing huge, just the size of one of those mamod engines. I was thinking of using an old mig welding gas bottle as a boiler...
8
8

mechanical seal
we are manufacturer and supplier of mechanical seal.we are hoping to establish relatinship with anybody who are interested in mechanical information about us,please visit our website: or e-mail:
9
9

Motor Show
I know this must be a little O/T but I went to the Motor Show in London last Thursday. Oxford Brookes University have a stand where they're promoting their course in motor sport engineering. I had a...
2
2

Flookburgh rally
I am glad you guys mentioned the Welland rally being next weekend as I am booked in to Flookburgh the same dates & I hadn't realised how near we were to it. Is anyone else going to Flookburgh?
1
1

Welland rally
Hi... Has anyone recived passes for Welland as yet, not been before so dont wen they should arrive, I had spoken to P. allen early in the year to arrange exhibiting but havent seen anything yet ....
14
14