Latest threads in ⚙ Stationary Engines - UKshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Bit of a change
I bought a pressure washer recently for a tenner. Built by Flexian in the early 1980's, it is powered by a 250cc Honda 6.5 hp engine. This drives a four piston pump delivering something in the order...
1
1

OT: 12 VDC to 240VAC converters
Gentlemen, I have acquired a 12VDC to 240VAC converter which I have mounted on a flat board. I have run it and tested it and am pleased with the output which is 500 watts continuous but if pushed will...
30
30

Risk assesments
Gentlemen, Whilst waiting for the weather to pass I have just written my first risk assessment for a small local do later this year, my brain hurts now and I know they are going to come back with more...
15
15

Brayton Cycle engines
I was able to help out a fellow enthusiast with some scans out of Dugald Clerk's 2-Volume "Gas, Petrol & Oil Engines", published just after the turn of the century last century. The poster had...
2
2

OT but hopefully interesting
Gentlemen, We have just been subject to a rain storm, a weeks rain or more in half an hour, this came with thunder and lightning. My calculation of lightning distance is wait for flash and count...
29
29

hp to amps
Is there an easy way to relate engine output to electrical power? I recall it's been discussed here before, but I can't trace the thread. For instance, what BHP would I need to drive a 6kva alternator...
6
6

Dreamer
Gentlemen, Local Free Adds, for sale Lister D ready to show £200.00 anybody interested(not) email me off NG for phone No :-)) Martin P
7
7

The Bamford Family (Partly OT)
An American engine collector friend has told me that he has been told that the Bamford family (Engines & JCB) was involved in the history of Gwrych castle. Even though I have known Gwrych for years I...

Bosch type Pump
Hi All Can anybody help? I have a Chinese twin 295CMA diesel marine engine. This engine was imported by AJ Marine Diesels who I rang today. They told me that they no longer import this engine due to...
1
1

Going to Glasgow
Gentlemen, Short notice I know but I am driving up to Glasgow on Thursday coming back Friday if anybody wants anything bringing south. M1, M6, M74. Martin P

Dorset Steam Fair
Gentlemen, My pass for the Steam Fair arrived to day, so who else is exhibiting this year or am I on my own again. Martin P
16
16

Where is everybody / Cheffins
Is there anybody out there? Just spent a nice but very hot weekend at the Cheffins vintage sale in Cambridge. I looked at their catalogue and found that whilst it was going to be a huge auction, the...
10
10

Riccal Vintage Gathering
Just got back from a scorching weekend, about 50 Stationary engines, 20 tractors and numouros other exibits. Not a big rally but the usual Yorkshire hospitallity prevails. Pictures in the usual place....
1
1

Pleasant surprise
Gentlemen, I got a very, very pleasant surprise today, the company I work for currently lease their premises but are have their own place built at the moment and we are starting to have a clearout. I...
7
7

European Industrial Heritage Meeting
please forward this information to interested organisations and individuals in your country - thanks PRESS RELEASE Industrial Heritage 2006 First European contact weekend for industrial heritage...