Latest threads in ⚙ Stationary Engines - UKshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

OT: Apollo 11 Tapes Search
Posted to: We have put a .pdf file on our website, it is 2mb in size: came over from our friends in the USA last night. Peter -- Peter & Rita Forbes Email: Web:
7
7

OT Quite a Lorry Load
Photo of an unusual load on the move in Barrow on Furness. Photo in usual place Tonnes of submarine fore end, on a 48 wheel transporter. Equivalent height to a four storey house, it took 1/2 hour to...
8
8

O/T Riat Fairford
Hi I have got my hands on 2 complimentary tickets for the above airshow, if anybody would like them get in touch, first come first served. Be quick, cost of postage only, would have to be recorded,...
4
4

Weekend Events
If anyone is in Yorkshire at the weekend in the vicinity of York or Selby I would recommend the Vintage rally at Riccall. A small event, but always some decent interesting exhibits, a friendly relaxed...
3
3

Lister CS History
Gentlemen It has just come to my attention that David Edgington's latest offering 'The Lister CS History' is now available at =A312 inc pp. Serious hints are about to be dropped in the direction of...
1
1

Copied from another group - Amusing
If truth in advertising were applied to tools. a.. DRILL PRESS: A tall upright machine useful for suddenly snatching flat metal bar stock out of your hands so that it smacks you in the chest and...
1
1

Burford rally
Just back this evening from a good rally at Burford photos on webshots
14
14

New venue
Vale Vintage Machinery Rally Welsh College of Horticulture, Northop, Flintshire July 8-9
1
1

OT Possibly but interesting
How's this for a slant on the rotary engine idea? cylinders, 5 pounds, 7 HP and 1 spark plug! Mark Posted Via Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services...
7
7

Leather Cup Washers
I have just dragged a Lee Howell water pump from the back of my Dads garage, this pump was restored about 10 years ago and rallied twice. During restoration it had new leather cup washers fitted, but...
11
11

OT. Promise not to laugh - but!
One of my work colleagues currently has a couple of student relatives visiting from Canada on the last leg of their European evening they trawled the internet for flights back to Toronto, eventually...
4
4

CFR Engine
Is there anyway I could get the valve timing diagram for a standard CFR engine running on gasoline? Will these valve timing values change if a different fuel is used?

Parsons for sale
Many here will recall that I reluctantly parted with the Parsons engine I brought from Glasgow a couple of years ago. The new owner has done a lot of work on it & the tiny pic in SEM does it no...
3
3

Bit OT - little hot foggers
Following a lead at the Bristol Club Rally, I went up to Tetbury on the XBR yesterday to see a collection of steam models. I came away with three Stuart Turners and another. A 10H, complete but...
5
5

Volt / Amp dials
Hi... Does anyone know of any suppliers of volt and ampree gauges that look simular to the older style ones, pref. flush mount 0-110 volt and approx 0-30 amps, I can get units from RS but they allways...
2
2