Latest threads in ⚙ Stationary Engines - UKshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Vintage electrical machines
Hi all, I know this is slightly off-topic, and I'm ready for the accusations of heresy, but is there anyone here interested in vintage electrical machines? I have quite an enthusiasm for them. I'll...
50
50

Free Lucas SR1 magneto end cover
Hi all, I have the plastic end cover from a Lucas SR1 magneto kicking around (at least I think it's an SR1 cover). It's in serviceable condition. The only significant fault is a chip in the edge about...
6
6

Philips MP1002CA
For the curious I have added drawings, a diagram of the plumbing arrangements and 'condensed' operating instructions for the Philips:- starting procedure requires that the burner first be warmed by...
5
5

Bolnhurst Vintage Rally
Gentlemen, The pictures I took are in the usual place, I have posed some questions and would like to know your answers. Martin P
9
9

Open crank vee twin for £400
Regards, Kim Siddorn Two-Cylinder V-Twin Gas Powered Engine - From Gyroscope.com
1
1

Oil
Specified oil for the Philips MP1002CA gen set (early 1950's) is SAE 20, Shell Turbo 27 or Vacuum Arctic. Anyone know if these were detergent or 'straight' types?
8
8

Bolnhurst Rally
Gentlemen, (Saturday) There I was sitting in the shade of an umbrella sweating my cods off thinking its to damn hot to take pictures when over my head at 1000ft approx pas nine Tornado's in perfect...
15
15

OT: but amusing
Gentlemen, Spotted this in another NG "*Income tax service - We've got what it takes to take what you've got." Martin P

Hyland
Do examples of Hyland paraffin engines exist, I've just found a copy of an operator's manual? AJH

When is the 1000-engine rally?
Is it in the usual place as well? Regards Pete
9
9

Rally events this weekend
Gentlemen, Bolnhurst Rally is on this weekend, not a bad little do, light on stalls for us but plenty to see for you and the Boss. I shall be there with my engine but a word of warning, look out for a...
15
15

Magneto charging circuit
On my little boat I have no means of recharging the battery....but I do have a 5hp outboard engine! I removed the flywheel and inside was the coil providing the spark with a vacant space opposite....
3
3

Apology for excessive posts
I haven't got a clue what caused my computer to send that so many times. You may as well just blame me ! Sorry.
1
1

Hot Air engines
Nick, As you appear to be our Hot Air Engines expert you may be able to answer some questions please. 1. How does the engine cycle work 2. How does pressurizing the engine make it perform better....
11
11

OT - humour
This one brought tears of laughter to my eyes & I'm still giggling now. Enjoy ! A woman goes into Harrods to buy a fishing rod and reel for her grandson's birthday. She doesn't know which one to get,...
11
11