Latest threads in ⚙ Stationary Engines - UKshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Charging set lightweight 80 Watts
Hi all, Can anyone please give advice on fine tuning and using this small wartime 4-stroke 12 Volt charging sets. I have two of these (one made by DK Ltd and one by EP & Co Ltd) to be used for their...
7
7

OT; interesting though
Gentlemen, A few photo's of Bridges, the Angel of the North and scenic shots around Scotland (Dundee) Usual place. Martin P

More Nuenen pics
http://home.hetnet.nl/~antonvandercruijsen/N-2006.htm
1
1

lister tyndale
Hello , Just wondering if any other board group members are attending the Lister-Tyndale Rally next weekend ? I'm coming over on the friday to it from Dublin . Look forward to seeing you Gary & Bob ,...
10
10

O/T Concorde Petition
There's a petition on the Internet - Save Concorde . You can find the details at OK, this may not amount anything but it may just help. I've certainly signed it. John

Olds / Seager Engine Works
Pictures from a nice little 1910 sales catalog at: will be 26 picture pages in total, 15 are up and running now. Peter -- Peter A Forbes Prepair Ltd, Luton, UK

ot. "really old motor/dynamo" on ebay.
what was it? Two brushes at right angles to each other and what appears to be a strange 'toroidal' field winding. Would a four pole repulsion motor have that brush arrangement (looking at them, they...
1
1

Astle park steam rally 2006
Does anyone know the score on no stationary engines being invited at astle park steam rally 12/13 aug ? Promoter gave me Percy gallimores number - but percy says no engines this year, now the promoter...

Nuenen 2006
Just returned this afternoon, excellent rally once again. Pics on webshots at the link below. Two new toys to keep me amused, an early 3hp Lorenz from 1930, and a Bruneau Superbloc from around the...
5
5

C H Wendel's new version "American Gasolene Engines"
Just to make it official: We will be trying to get a bulk order organised from Charles (Chuck) Wendel for 10 copies of his new version of the 'American Gasolene Engines' book. This is new material,...
2
2

Polar Diesel Engines
Got a nice Polar Diesel Engine sales catalogue from Ray Hooley on ebay at the weekend, missed a couple of other interesting ones, Ray always starts and finishes his auctions all together, so juggling...
7
7

Insurance
My house contents insurance is due for renewal soon so I must do a bit of ringing around for quotes. However, any mention of engines will probably produce the usual perplexed response which leads to...
5
5

BYB II
I know this has been discussed before, but is anyone planning a bulk order for UK?
8
8

Does the team think?
Gentlemen, A consensus of opinion from the learned is required. I am building a half scale 'economy' (Hercules, Jaeger, Sparta etc, etc) open crank. The engine has the conventional drip feed oiler...
4
4

Compactors
I've just about finished restoring an old Warsop compactor. (elephants foot or jumping jack) I know this is a real stab in the dark, but does anyone here have any information about these things, maybe...
7
7