Latest threads in ⚙ Stationary Engines - UKshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

NG doldrums?
At the risk of making this NG seem even more self-referential and further alienating the very people we need back, here is part of my response to an off-list email from an erstwhile regular...
20
20

Burford Rally?
I've seen various members Webshots pages of the Burford Rally. It looks like a rally that I need to visit. Two questions; 1. Where is it? 2. When is it?
6
6

Wolseley engine spares
I have spent the weekend "tidying" my shed in order to create some space.I have sorted out everything into keeping and "time to get rid of" piles.I have recently broken up a couple of WD 2's and a WD...
12
12

Ruston Hornsby ZPR mag parts Wanted
Im looking for a EK mag bracket and trip parts for a 1 1/2 hp Ruston Hornsby engine. If you can help drop me a note. Thank You Gary

OT: interesting none the same
Gentlemen, Shuttleworth Aircraft Museum had an airshow today so whilst I was fitting new brake seals and shoes to the Bedford I had a good vantage point as they pootled around waiting their turn. One...
7
7

Slightly OT but a life saver
Gents, While I was on the patio painting an engine with primer I knocked the tin over with the obvious result. Cillit Bang sucessfully removes metal primer from concrete paving slabs thus saving your...
7
7

Ruston info
" ruston misc." page 2 Webshots, the best in Desktop Wallpaper, Desktop Backgrounds, and Screen Savers since 1995.
2
2

How do you like yours/ painted or rusty
On the subject of Strumpshaw last weekend & the many "As found" engines in the field" How do you like your engines to be finished. ?My hobby is restoration which means to most of us that we clean...
38
38

OT : Interesting engineering project, The Falkirk Wheel
Gentlemen, Occasionally the job has its perks, I finished for the day on Wednesday in Edinburgh and decided to go and have a look at the Falkirk wheel which is only twenty miles from Edinburgh in the...
3
3

Weekend events
Looking at OG events guide, the rallies on my usual stomping ground this weekend (should I get time off for good behavior!) are Stoke Row (Ipsden) and Leighton Buzzard bypass. Never been to either...
13
13

OT - goodbye alternators?
Here's an interesting development. Kim Siddorn Graduate Students and administrators now collaborate on decisions that affect grad student life.
16
16

Engines by DHL
A prospective buyer has asked the price for delivery from Lowestoft Suffolk to Hampshire for a Petter A I have for sale. Anyone know a lorry driver who could deliver or know how much the Delivery Cost...
2
2

OT - vehicle importing
Gentlemen, your practical advice is sought. I've waded through the stuff on the DVLA website, but none of it quite fits the bill. My friend is currently in New Zealand with her Indian built &...
3
3

O/T? Engineering Projects
While this isn't actually SE's, you may find it interesting. Vintage Projects and Building Plans

Map of Britain showing where we live.
Three people have asked me to post a map of britain with flags where we live. I am willing to do this if more people want to be shown. I will not give any address to help thieves but if we can see...
5
5