Latest threads in ⚙ Stationary Engines - UKshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

GEM archive
While looking for info on Fuller & Johnson (funny how actually getting your hands on an engine again renews the enthusiasm) I discovered that Gas Engine Magazine has an on-line archive spanning the...
3
3

Making a trolley
Gents, I have a rather large old gen-set, which I require to make a tolley up for. I've got two possible routes to go down, but am not sure which is best. Route 1: A single axle with long handles so...
11
11

Re: OT Highway robbery is rampant on UK roads..
Such enormous volumes of them are produced that the entire process is automated. Hence no folds. John
4
4

Pulley removal
There is a pulley on the shaft of my Lister D that I have to remove before I can get the flywheel of. I had to drill the screw out that retains it but I still can get the thing to move. I don't have a...
12
12

A Good weekend at Strumpshaw
Another good year at Strumpshaw Steam rally this year but feel we were let down with the stationary engine display. Two Engines one Lister D & Awolesley WD11 were painted in Lime Green for god's sake,...
1
1

Fuller and Johnson FPE
Today was that rare thing, a bank holiday with nothing planned, so I decided to drag an engine from its slumbers and have a tinker. I chose my 1913 Fuller & Johnson Farm Pump Engine which has probably...
6
6

Godwin Water Pump
Hi, Yesterday I acquired this Godwin water pump: was wondering if anyone has any information on this type of pump. I am most interested in the ideal speed required for a stationary engine to drive it....
8
8

Lamport Hall
Good day on Sat. Weather was very kind and ground had stood up well to previous week's rain with only a few muddy patches on main thoroughfares (foot that is). Engine line up is perhaps getting a...
3
3

Lister FR refurbishment
Greetings. I am refurbishing an FR in my narrowboat having slimmed down from a barge. Repacing a piston and liner I have a problem with sourceing copper peelable head shims, none in stock at Sleeman...
2
2

Photo Competition
Gentlemen, Due to some recent technical difficulties with my computer I have lost the list of everybody who wanted to take part. Could those of you interested please forward to the email below your...

Stotfold Mill Rally
Gentlemen, I have now loaded my Photo's of Stotfold Mill onto Webshots at the address below for you to look at. Martin P
4
4

Looking for Lister D parts
Hi All JW=B2 pointed me to this newsgroup. My name is Michael and I have just bought my first stationary engine. The engine itself is in good nick but carb and magneto are basket cases. I will...
3
3

OT I am not a very happy at the moment.
When I woke at 4 AM yesterday morning to drain my sump I noticed a flashing yellow light through the bathroom window. I opened the window & saw fierce flames in the road at the rear of the house. I...
25
25

Flywheel advice
Those with longish memories may remember my earlier postings concerning flywheels for a Ruston 1HR which I purchased from a well known fellow newsgroup member from deepest Oxfordshire. The engine is...
17
17

OT: DVLA
Gentlemen, The DVLA announced yesterday that they are going to issue drivers who have driving offences some form of badge that can be affixed to the car. Initial thoughts are a white flag with a red...
46
46