Latest threads in ⚙ Stationary Engines - UKshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Christmas Merry
P Martin .year next somewhere all you see will I .backwards this writing for me curse don't goodwill of spirit the in and true come wishes your all may and Year New Happy a and Christmas Merry very a...
6
6

Festive good wishes
So the end of another year heaves it's way into view. Personally, I've had a good time with my Iron Charges & have sold a few where I found my interest waning and bought rather more in the white heat...

For the bikers and aero engine enthusiasts
Saw these on another news groupt thought it might interest some of you; Webshots, the best in Desktop Wallpaper, Desktop Backgrounds, and Screen Savers since 1995.
5
5

The world's fastest Indian
Yes, I know this was the talk of the town quite while ago, but I've only just got round to seeing it. An utterly charming piece and I can only imagine that Anthony Hopkins did it because he thought it...

plug tap drill size
I'm sure it's out there somewhere on www but I can't find it - what is the tapping drill size for a standard 18mm sparking plug thread? TIA NHH
5
5

Big end bearing materials
I'm just reading some course notes on the Paxman Valenta RP200 (high speed train) engine, it's a V12 turbo Diesel. The big end bearing arrangement is for forked rods on one bank and centrally...
19
19

Off topic
Taken from another newsgroup .----------- ----- Original Message ----- From: Mae & Brent Tamatea To: Austin_Counties_Cars Sent: Thursday, December 18, 2008 6:35 PM Subject: Computer terminology for...

Foreign Translations
I have just discovered a brilliant new free multi-language translation program. When you get stuck with some foreign titles on engine pictures it will translate and even decide which language it is....

Merry Christmas to you all.
3
3

New Thread!!
We seem to have exhausted the "People I have met" topic, how about, at "Mike H's" suggestion, people you would have liked to meet. Mine would be a difficult choice between Abraham Lincoln and Winston...
9
9

Historical help
Spotted on another newsgroup. This site has a free trial on at the moment fully searchable 19th century papers .....warning very addictive! the link is the password is british

New Program for photographing engines.
An American friend sent me a post showing a view around his house. I had seen nothing like it so He told me how to use it. My first try in the local park in very dark conditions this afternoon you can...
4
4

Science Museum.
Just got back from a break in the "Smoke" and a long overdue visit to the Science Museum. (Did make a flying visit years ago with my then partner who was only interested in the Medicine dept so didn't...
7
7

Early Tangye Gas Engine stolen, with others
Hi -- I've had a 1900-ish open crank 7hp Tangye Gas Engine for 20 years. 4'6" single flywheel, very heavy brute. In poor condition, as cast iron had crystallised in places. Literally dug it out of...
2
2

ebay/Norton funny (OT)
Logged in to ebay at work today and got repeated warnings from Norton Re. having blocked an "HTTP Acrobat PDF supicious file download" attack. This blockage seemed to result in various ebay pages...
7
7