Best Rated threads in ⚙ Stationary Engines - UKshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Bolnhurst Rally
Gentlemen, I have just spent the weekend at my favourite Local Rally, Bolnhurst, this is a vintage event rather than steam, loads of tractors and a good selection of engines. Unfortunately the weather...

Hove Engineerium
From the Hove business association website:- 2 Jul 2009 18:15 Visit to Hove Engineerium, Hove Engineerium, off Neville Road Hove A guided tour of the Hove Engineerium currently undergoing restoration...
1
1

Nuenen Show
Back at about 10.30 pm, absolutely superb show, the weather was very good, ferry both ways was calm and sunny, sold our PU8 genny and spare engines to a local WWII museum near Eindhoven, then when we...
16
16

Vesconite?
=== Unable to find the specified "Oilite" bushes locally for the Bremen Walking Beam Stirling engine I am building, I am looking at machining some from Vesconite rod, see are specified for the main...
3
3

Junkers 2HK65 Pictures
Eight pictures up at: this morning. Peter -- Peter A Forbes Prepair Ltd, Rushden, UK http://www.prepair.co.ukhttp://www.prepair.eu http://www.stationary-engine.co.uk/Junkers/Junkers22.jpg...

Astle Park
Just back from the 1000 engine rally, fair to poor weather, engines not all that special this year, nothing that really jumped out at you. That's not quite as bad as it sounds, what was there was...
16
16

Maybach engines
From time to time, one sees a Maybach tank engine being run at events - there are pictures of one making gurt clouds of black smoke at a rally last year on Webshots. I've been contacted by a chap in...
21
21

Heenan & Froude dyno Info
Thanks to eric Brain, we have obtained some manuals and spares listings for the DPX-2 dynamometer that we have in storage. Later on we will get this scanned and up onto the webstire, I don't think...
2
2

Jim perkins petter spares
Anyone know if Jim is still in the petter spares buisness, and how to email him, i can't find his website.
3
3

Vincent's lost engine?
This recently came up on ebay quite a price for a repro (look at the Brockhouse pack from the same vendor though!) but that is not what attracted my attention - it was this statement in the sales...
16
16

Blackstone AV series Engine
I am currently rebuilding a Blackstone AV series engine 1926 vintage. I am looking for infromation on the original colour, and lining (Pinstriping) details. Any assistance would be appreciated. Thanks...
3
3

Searching for a Solex Carb.
I'm searching for a 1920s/30s brass Solex 26MV updraught carb to fit on a recent purchase and wondered if anyone may know of one sitting on a shed/garage ....anywhere? corner I don't look in, may just...
1
1

Magneto Drive Chain Problem
Hi, On one of my engines is a chain driven magneto. At the moment the engine is running nicely, but the chin is flopping around everywhere, the trouble is that when I increase the tension on the chain...
4
4

Freeing Stuck Piston Rings
Hi I have a couple of pistons where the rings are stuck in the grooves. I was wondering whether anyone could give me some advice on how to release these stuck rings intact.
13
13

Belts
I need a few V-belts or similar. One should be of decent quality, for a small mill. Another two should be wide, tough, and preferably cheap - they're for an old fashioned stair-climbing sack trolley,...
3
3

Lister 27/3 Generator
At work, a 1945 Lister engined 230v single phase generator which has been a reserve power source, is now no longer required. I believe it has been run once in the last five years and is in working...
9
9

Dawson stationary engines
I have just been reading a brief description of these ancient gas engines in a 1950 model engineering magazine and wonder if any still exist. The Dawson engines had an odd mechanism for rotating the...
4
4

National Engines
I have recently purchased a property that came with a National B (I think) Series engine. I am trying to obtain as much information as possible regarding the engine before delving into the tool box....
4
4

Re: Norman Spares
Got a reply at last and yes, it is Roy. He is visiting UK at the end of April - get your orders in ASAP!
4
4

Villiers Atco mower engines
I aquired a 2 stroke villiers off a scrap mower, it looked cute ! can any one help with some problems re-suscitating it ? It's got these numbers on it M1512B. R52 A52. 1. It has no HT lead, how does...