Best Rated threads in ⚙ Stationary Engines - UKshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Coventry Victor for sale
I am selling a Coventry Victor single cylinder watercooled diesel with elecrtic start and marine gearbox, about 10 hp, it's a lovelly little vintage engine, would make a great stationary engine. Make...

Magneto re magnetising
Look up Martin Percy in Stationary Engine Mag under the Help Line ( Magneto Repairs), he is in Wellingborough, he has a magnetizer and will go it for you. Martin P

For Sale: Ruston & Hornsby 1HR engine on show trailer
I have been asked if I know of anyone who might be interested in a Ruston & Hornsby 1HR engine, set up with cooling tank etc on a show trailer. If anyone here is interested, please contact me off-list...

Leather Cup Washers
I have just dragged a Lee Howell water pump from the back of my Dads garage, this pump was restored about 10 years ago and rallied twice. During restoration it had new leather cup washers fitted, but...
11
11

Ruston Hornsby 6PS
Hi all. Just aquired a Ruston Hornsby 6PS, "donkey engine" I think? Having some difficulty finding information on this sort of engine and wondered if anyone had one out there. Needs restoring but at...
1
1

Free Lucas SR1 magneto end cover
Hi all, I have the plastic end cover from a Lucas SR1 magneto kicking around (at least I think it's an SR1 cover). It's in serviceable condition. The only significant fault is a chip in the edge about...
6
6

Lister-Bruston Lighting Sets.
In the name " Lister-Bruston ", did Bruston manufacture the generators or just market the sets with their name in conjuction with Lister's? I saw this article :- the dynamo appears to have the same...
2
2

Any information for 98cc BSA Power Unit
Hi, I'm completley new to stationary engines and as my first project I've bought a 98cc BSA Power Unit. However I've looked on the web and can find no information at all. I thought it might be a...
10
10

Fuller & Cooper engine.
Hi, Has anyone seen or heard of a Fuller & Cooper stationary engine? Ken Cooper Florida
3
3

Rolls-Royce Diesels
What was the typology for Rolls-Royce Diesels? The big straight sixes fitted to fire engines & the like? Regards, Kim Siddorn. "
18
18

Crossley 1060 Open Crank for sale (2023 Update)
All, Anyone interested in a Crossley 1060 Open Crank ? I think complete except splash guard and has wrong fuel tank. Ready for restoration, although it may well run as is. Certainly in need of a paint...
1
1

Large Water pump Wanted.
Hello All, Has any one got or knows of a large water pump I could buy? It is for this years Suffolk show as I am doing a special display on how water is moved from wind pump power to the large water...

Ball hopper Lister L
Evening all, Thanks to a tip off from a certain peterborough based member of this NG, Sunday steve and i traveled off down to oxfordshire to collect quite a rare Lister L. There are a few important...
11
11

Lister LD1 power output
Hello all. I am having trouble finding out what the power output of a Lister LD1 should be and at what speed it should happen. I have an operators manual but no mention of output. It is out of a...
8
8

Large Ruston
Pictures of a nice old flyball governor Ruston, sleeping in Europe: to -- Peter & Rita Forbes Email: Web: http://www.oldengine.org/members/diesel/Ruston/FRruston8.jpg...
1
1

Old CAV injector tester
I've got an old style CAV injector tester, the type with a standard fuel pump, hand lever, & standard filter on top as a reservoir. I haven't used it for few years, it's kicking around on the floor,...
11
11

Petter AV1 photo's or diagrams
Hi guys, I'm after finding details on the AV1 injector, mine is missing a pipe from the injector back to the fuel tank (overflow ?) I need to know what thread, it seems fine, used on the injector...
9
9

villiers MK 12HS
Hi folks, I`ve just bought myself a little Villiers MK 12 HS engine, Does anyone know if there is some way of dating the engine? ie. web site or books, and where could I get a manual for it, for...
4
4

CS Startomatic
Hi all, Some of you may remember back in January I was given a 6hp CS 230 V AC Startomatic. Well I finally picked it up last weekend and I have started the story of the pickup and restoration if...
4
4

Petter Harmonic
Hello all, Many thanks for the interesting messages which I've been reading avidly, some of you may remember an effort on my part to find a good home for a Petter Harmonic from Loughborough Uni about...
1
1