Best Rated threads in ⚙ Stationary Engines - UKshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Griffin of Bath 6 stroke engine
Anyone know how it worked ? What's a "6 stroke" when it's at home? Talking of at home, is anyone hereabouts looking after one ? There's supposed to be one in Bath, ex- Brum Museum of Transport, but...
2
2

Petter AC1 spares
I've an 'ornery Petter AC1 powered genny which has lost compression and is leaking oil down the side. I hope it's just the head gasket gone. Where can I get spares for this, tried the lister-petter...

Lamport Hall 2005
Gentlemen, My pictures are in place, again thanks to Philip for the loan of his Digital Camera. Martin P
4
4

Scammell engine info
Hi everyone, we were at a sale on Saturday and couldn't resist buying a tidy looking Scammell has had something coupled onto it at some time in the past and the first words to enter my head were of...
11
11

Archibald J Wright engine
Patrick Knight in Oz has managed to buy this engine. The label says it is a Sydney made engine but we think it was probably made from the A J Wrights Islington Castings. The A J Wright is shown in the...
4
4

Howard Terrier Cultivator manual?
I yave just aquired a Howard Terier Cultivator with no details. Wondering if any 1 may have manual , pics on it. It was manufactured in Australia and has the Howard L motor 4.5 HP I believe...
1
1

Bamford EV1
Could I ask a favour of a Bamford EV1 owner- if you have a digital camera would it be possible to get some photos of the governor mechanism from the on the crankshaft to the throttle arm under the...
2
2

Melting lead
A bit OT but as you are all engineers What is the melting point of lead? If I melt it are the fumes poisonous? What is the best vessel to melt lead in?
4
4

Blake water pump
Hi all, I have just purchased a large Blake pump. It is similar to a lister domestic type but much bigger. Does anyone have any literature on this type of pump??? I will get some pics up tomorrow so...
1
1

crossley 1040
hello , just another update on my 1040 . as you already know , one of the flywheels came off handy enough ,but the other was stuck fast-with an ignorant key . well , me and my father tried heating it...
2
2

Tangye VC1 Diesel
Another new arrival today....bought from ebay a few weeks ago as a project, pics are at . The engine has done a good job of digesting its own gears, so replacements will have to be found or made. As a...
1
1

Norman prototype?
I see Mark Howard's engine which provoked so much discussion a while ago appears in SEM this month - I'm pretty convinced that Roland was right in identifying it as a varient (prototype/experimental?)...
4
4

Ruston Hornsby APR
I have just been round to pick up my xmas present early, it`s a RH 2 3/4 APR of 1932 vintage. It has had a bit of work done to it , but unfortunately there are a couple of bits that are either missing...
6
6

Villiers W-X11
Greetings ! I'm looking for an exhaust box for a Villiers W-X11. There's a photo here ( of someone else's engine ! ), with the part marked ; anyone can help with anything at all - rusted, beat up,...
9
9

Looking for value or buyer for Kelvin Diesel
Hi all, I have been asked to assist in finding a fair value or interested parties that might want to buy a four cylinderKelvin marine diesel. The body of the e-mail I received is as follows: Ask to...
2
2

Car ran out of oil and conked out, how to revive it?
My car developed some bad oil leaks somewhere and ran out of oil and subsequently conked out. What exactly happens to an engine when it is run with no oil? I believe it heats up? There was a rattling...
57
57

crossley 1040
hello lads , it turns out the engine is a crossley 1040, as found , with a bth mag - points are in good order too , it has a brazing repair from frost damage- nothing major to worry about ,as its part...
14
14

Czech engine information
Does anyone know of any English engine enthousiasts who speak Czechoslavakian. An American friend is trying to translate one page of information but it is very hard, you can't even type it properly as...
3
3

Another Marconi-Stanley
So to Portsmouth, an engine to obtain. Uneventful -I went the lazy way, M4/A34/M27 & less than 2 miles in urban stuff - arriving around 6.00pm. I was back home by 7.45, having had a good, fast run...
31
31

Info on LISTER 303 SR1 .117 and starter drive specs?
on Saturdays my wife and I do Garage sales, and at one I picked up, all in pieces, a diesel engine that came off a logging camp 4 KW genset with the idea of using it to charge batteries at our Off...
5
5