Best Rated threads in ⚙ Stationary Engines - UKshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Lister Junior main bearings
All, I'm currently putting together that 1926 Lister Bruston B, which I've stored in painted pieces for years. The main bearings are a tad sloppy and in order to get on wi' t'job rather than launch...
43
43

Ronaldson Tippett Type N Parts
Hello again, I have already posted this message a while ago but I didnt get anything out of it so ill try again. I have a Ronaldson Tippett Type N. 950 RPM I am looking for some parts for it and i am...

EEC 80 Watt Charging set.
Gentlemen, Today I went with my good wife and our Dormobile to Bolnhurst Vintage Rally a local do to us. I spent a pleasant day pottering about and came home with what I thought was a well kept, and...
44
44

Stuart Turner P55 for sale
I've decided that as I'm never likely to use or rally my P55 industrial engine, I shall sell it. Although it had not been run in many years when I bought it, it was basically sound and I've added...
15
15

JAP model 55
Hi all, I wonder if anyone can help me. I have just purchased a Jap model 55, petrol/TVO. It is 90% complete but requires the main fuel tank and, I think, some tinwork. What I would like is a picture...
5
5

Bradford Gas Engines Co Enclosed Crank 2.5 Hp
Gentlemen, Please can anybody suggest a source of piston rings, specifically an oil ring for above engine as I have just broke mine. Martin P
12
12

Petter M type 1/2HP 1938 water cooled
Hi all Petter M type men, My friend Dave has had the magneto overhauled and rewound,But it will not start with the handle. It will only start-up with a belt driving it from another engine. Can anyone...
2
2

Blackstone Identification
Help is need to identify the model of a Blackstone Engine. The engine was manufactured in 1926. It has a serial number of 159888. I have been told it is an AV type. It has a typical AV mushroom Air...
3
3

Starting query Lister SL1
This is a query about my day-to-day working generator, ie it's not a recreational thing but I hope you lot can help. I have a genset built around a Lister SL1, it has a Start-o-Matic system which...

bamford EG1
hello all, i bought a new engine yesterday -a bamford , the fuel tank is fairly rusted and i was just wondering does anyone know where i could get one at a resonable price? i am also looking for a...
1
1

Barr and Stroud
This is a request for any information on the Barr & Stroud single valve stationary unit. I have found some info on the m/cycle unit altho not much Maybe this group will come up trumps Mike.H.
29
29

Coventry Victor N & Neptune engines
Was someone looking out for a handbook for these engines? Coventry Victor Vibrationless Engines Types "N" and "Neptune" Peter -- Peter & Rita Forbes Engine pages for preservation info:

Tom Senior?
I am trying to get a history of Tom Senior engines, so far I have discovered almost nothing! My own engine is a Simplex 1/8th horsepower but I would like to know anything about the Marque. fred
4
4

Christmas Crank-Up Pictures
A few photos taken at the Riccall Christmas Crank-Up on the 27th of December - grand day out - book it in your diaries for next year! Cheers Dan
5
5

Norman parts.
Kim's post in engine activities thread reminded me a) how sweetly Norman T300's run and b) that I have not been able to track down Mr Sparks, a letter to his last known address in Deptford producing...

Beds & Bucks Stationary Engine Club Bring & Buy
Gentlemen, Somebody on the committee has seen the light next year our do may not follow Sodbury like it has done in recent past, buyers thin on ground but I sold most of my stuff and went home with...
6
6

Lister Rotary Pump
Peter Scales wrote, 'Hi all I have what appears to be a Lister positive displacement gear pump Can anyone tell me the specs for this? I'm particularly interested in its max RPM, suction and delivery...
3
3

Homelite generator
I bought an interesting generator at the weekend from Matt the Sawyer (hi Matt ;o)) ) It is a 1944 ex-USAF battery charging set. It is fitted with suspension springs and sits on a rack-mounting...
7
7

Manual for a Brierley ZM25 / 32/ 50 drill grinder.
Manual for a Brierley ZM25 / 32/ 50 drill grinder. Looking for a manual or copy of for a Brierley ZM25 / 32/ 50 drill grinder. Also looking for info on the cams for this machine for doing special...

Lister B11 finished !!! (long)
It has taken me over a year to restore an engine! Mind you, it did stand as a centrepiece in a garden for over 33 years, complete with hopper full of ivy. Then I spotted it and after a quick word with...
3
3