Lister D type

Can anyone tell me how much a Lister D weighs?

I want to collect one and want to know if it will break my car .

Reply to
Nick

Depends on HP; tank, hopper or radiator cooled; with or without base! However , minimum 298lbs, max 395lbs. I got mine into the back of a Renault Laguna saloon no problem.

Regards, Ian.

Reply to
Ian

Depends on HP; tank, hopper or radiator cooled; with or without base! However , minimum 298lbs, max 395lbs. I got mine into the back of a Renault Laguna saloon no problem.

Regards, Ian.

Reply to
Ian

Nick,

Two men should be able to lift the engine with ease, drain the oil or keep upright though.

Mart> Can anyone tell me how much a Lister D weighs?

Reply to
Campingstoveman

I was going to say about two hundredweight, so that was a good guess!

Yes, two reasonably fit blokes with undamaged backs should be able to lift & slide a 'D' into most cars & most cars should be able to take it without complaint. Getting it in is one thing & I'm sure you will not fail to rope it securely in as 285lbs of concentrated mass sliding swiftly from one side to the other when negotiating a roundabout could be Exciting. Getting it out upon reaching home might be something else though. Do you have spare strong hands at that end of your journey too?

Regards,

Kim Siddorn.

Reply to
Kim Siddorn