New Program for photographing engines.

An American friend sent me a post showing a view around his house. I had seen nothing like it so He told me how to use it. My first try in the local park in very dark conditions this afternoon you can see at

(use the arrows on either side). It seems you can also use it to go round an object pointing inwards or rotating the object before the camera. I haven't tried that yet. It is free & the try I made took about 20 shots for full rotation. I have just tried the rotating object method and the automatic system did not get it right but if you use the buttons on the top right to zoom and turn it could be usefull. lets have your views!
am looking forward to the start of the rally season for a shot surrounded with engines. Perhaps others can think of other uses?

Reply to
Dave Croft

rotating the object before the camera.

full rotation.

get it right but if you use the

with engines.

I have been told about this example about what it is expected to do.

than I had realised at this early stage of me using it. It looks like it will be a major asset in the future!

Reply to
Dave Croft

Yes - I watched your canaly one - excellent (for a starter) ! It reminds me of the guy who does 360 deg airial stuff dangling a camera from a kite.

The technology seems aimed at "extrospect" viewing. I wonder if it would perhaps be as useful in "introspect" mode.

EG - you have you beloved engine or whatever and you walk round it taking your 20 or so images of it. Stitch it together using the program and hey presto, a continuous view all round the thing. Just an idea !

Regards Pete

Pete Stockdale

Apologies -just reread your posts - you are already "there"

Pete

Reply to
Pete Stockdale

Shame it wont work on my computer which is only 3 years old.

Reply to
campingstoveman