Latest threads in Model railroading in the UKshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Pulling Power - Hornby Live Steam A4
Hi all Here's a question. Hopefully someone will be able to answer it from experience rather than repeating something unsubstantiated from elsewhere. What's the hauling capacity of a Hornby Live...
3
3

Hornby Railroad Bargain
I've just bought my first Hornby Railroad item a black oil tank wagon. It cost me GBP 3.50 brand new and boxed. The same local model shop wanted more than that for a second hand unboxed one... It...
5
5

Trailblazer Ian's on the right track
Lynn News 9th October 2007 Mike Last " When Ian Futers retired as headteacher at Swaffham First and Nursery School in August, 2004, it gave him the chance to devote more time to his passion for model...
1
1

Elizabethan Railway Society's annual exhibition this weekend !
Ashfield Chad 10th October 2007 Tickets are available on the day and are priced at =A33.50 for adults, =A32 for children and pensioners or =A39.50 for a family ticket.

Hornby R309 or R350 Class A4 4-6-2 Mallard ?
Just found one of my old loco's from the early 80's It's a Class A4 4-6-2 Mallard with a late BR crest ( the red lion sitting in a crown ). As it has the 1980 / 81 Hornby Crest ( the one with the belt...
10
10

A Record ?.
I've lost the original thread stating that a Airfix Class 31 hauled 105 coaches. According to my 1988 Dapol catalog, it was a Dapol ex Airfix Class 31 that holds this record. Also, a Prairie Tank loco...
1
1

Old LIMA Service Sheets
Is there a site that has these available to download ? Free ?
22
22

MTH Pennsylvania RR K4
Specifically the K4 (scroll down). Has anyone purchased one of these? Any comments other than "it's not british"?! I've seen and heard one and it appeared extremely impressive but personal experience...
4
4

Tight Street Running
24
24

Serviceable vs. can motors
There is currently a very heated debate on the forum about the type of motors used in Hornby loco's. The battle lines are drawn between those who would like a return to serviceable motors like the old...
13
13

Can anyone think of any examples of two loading gauges being suspended from a single gantry over two separate tracks? My problem being that I don?t want to have the damned things everywhere however I...
6
6

Code 55 N Gauge Track
Dear All, I have a small problem with using the finescale Code 55 N Gauge track in so much as that when laying the track the rails naturally lengthen and shorten around bends etc. I have though tried...
5
5

Corby and District Model Railway Society's annual exhibition
Corby and District Model Railway Society's annual exhibition will take place on the weekend of Saturday and Sunday, October 13 and 14, at St Peter and St Andrew Church Hall, Beanfield Avenue, Corby....

A little pause for thought on the China manufacturing / quality control issue
The thoughts of an American Dad who's son has autism on the toy recalls ..... Mattel Toys: Autistic Child needs Lead Test
20
20

Mark One GUVs in maroon with Double Arrow LIMA BACHMANN interest
Maybe this nuance is well known but I was very struck when lotting something for ebay by a very unusual Mark One Livery variant. I found I was looking at pictures of a rake of GUVs in lined maroon...