Latest threads in Model railroading in the UKshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Hurrah for local model shops
Well, almost. Much is made of internet retailers undercutting local shops but I visited/phoned a number over the recent holiday and was pleasantly surprised that all were offering better or very...
82
82

Thanks. (Was: "What Switch?")
Thanks to all those that gave assistance/advice on this. We have success. 2 DPDT switches wired up to 2 controllers. And it appears to work - so even better ! I can now 'play' at shunting in the yard...
1
1

Drawings of rolling stock
I'm probably going to have to part with foldy stuff, but can anybody direct me to a source of dimensional drawings of rolling stock. I'm looking initially for some details on Pullman coaches, but...
19
19

"Hornby" 2-rail question...
Can anyone help me with this. When I was about four years old I visited a friend's house. This was about 1959. He had a new train set. He said it was a "Hornby" but I pointed out that Hornby was...
2
2

Peco flexi track joint missing sleepers
Hi Does anyone know the best method of filling in the gaps left by the rail joiners. Iv'e tried trimming spare sleepers and pushing them under but they dont look very good, Any ideas? Ian
2
2

What Switch ?
Not an expert here so need some advice. I want to isolate both sides of a piece of track - but rather than use two SPST (one for each rail) I'd like to use the one switch. Why ? I have a freight yard...
12
12

Coach Roofs N Gauge
Looking for some spare roofs in Farish N Gauge for Mk1/2&3 vehicles. Have bodies with no roofs!! Anyone with something in there scrap box? Replies to Remove nospam
5
5

Widnes goes Down the You Tube
Some videos of Widnes Vine Yard (OO modern image) have been uploaded to You Tube Available for viewing here ... The quality will improve when the new camera arrives - just need to order it now ;>)...
2
2

Hornbys website 2007
"The 2007 range of locomotives buildings and accessories will be released on the 1st of January. We thank you for your interest in the new releases, and hope to see you back here in the new year" Well...
59
59

Model Railway Express passes 3 million hits
Pat Hammond's going to be pleased: earlier today MREmag passed the 3 million hits milestone. Happy New Year to everybody.

Strange goings on on Bachmann's web site
Have a look at is a beautiful picture of 9F 92116, with description 147 units were built by British Rail Engineering Ltd at York for the Provincial Sector of British Rail between 1984 and 1987....
50
50

Cross Tiger - TL-01B
Hi I found best site about Bonzer Cross Tiger car - TL01B JK
4
4

2007 list
we got the Maunsell coachs. The Skaledale range looks good as well. I just paid $37 for a Faller ruined castle as well, oh well.
86
86

Winterspecial and best wishes 2007
Hello, I wish everybody in this group a healthy and prosperous 2007, especially with the nice hobby we have together. I hope to contribute my mite. It only is a pity we have to little snow in the most...

DC Kits?
Anyone know what happened? Their website is down and a redirect page says the domain name is for sale. (kim)
13
13