Latest threads in Model railroading in the UKshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Kato Scale (Japan)
Apart from Shinkansen, the railways of Japan were built to the 3ft 6ins gauge. So how does this work for Kato's Japanese ranges are their models (HO/N) built to a larger scale to represent accurately...
4
4

Any serious Model Railway (UK) shops in Hong Kong?
Hi all Wondering if anyone knows the name/address/details of any serious modelling shops in Honk Kong. I would love to get a bargain if at all possible, but also would enjoy getting a little 'train...
6
6

Motorising N gauge points (generic could be same as with OO!)
Evening all I am in the process of tracklaying on a new mini layout. It fatures 3 points, which I want to automate the control of (ie. not by using my big hand!) Although previously I have used Peco...
2
2

XtrakCad?
To: Hi. I have a photo of a oo gauge layout, that I am trying to convert into N gauge (8x2 terminus/fiddle to 4x1). I have XtrakCad program to do it on the PC, but am finding it very difficult to get...
3
3

Disposing of collection - how?
Over Christmas I was privileged to look over a pretty big collection of railwayana and model railway stuff. The model railway stuff seems to be mostly 1950's to late-80s, with literally hundreds of...
8
8

(Not So) Smokey Joe
Hello All Does anyone know when Hornby stopped fitting the smoke generator to this loco? I got one for christmas and am a bit miffed to see that it dosent have this feature anymore - or is my memory...
11
11

Tri-ang Power bogie
Does anyone know of a source of new wheel and gearsets for the old Tri-ang EM2 power bogie? A significant number of my existing ones I suspect have been worn oval (the plastic gear wheel). I am aware...
5
5

peco points
I have a bachmann ivatt 4mt and a small bachmann tank engine the tank engine runs through the peco 2nd radius points with no trouble but the ivatt sticks in the middle, both the points and the engines...
14
14

Hornby Flying Scotsman Trailing Bogie Stuck?
I've just acquired a new Hornby Flying Scotsman (one of the modern super-detailed ones). I have a problem in that the trailing bogie (under the cab) seems to be wedged into the chassis. On the track...
5
5

Hornby Turntable
I have a Hornby turntable which works fine but it is a bit annoying having it stop at every exit when I only have two of the exit roads connected for use. Is there any way in which I can permanently...
1
1

New to N
Hi, after a few decades I am thinking about restarting railway modelling, possibly in N. I have been looking on the web (can't get to a model shop for several weeks yet) at the Farish starter sets...
29
29

Anyone here got the bachmann digital starter set?
Got my 5 yr old the Bachmann digital starter set (30-040) for Christmas following some advice from this group - a *great* success, he loves it :) One thing that seems "wrong" to me is that it seems...
16
16

Code 75 and 83
Hi all Before I head on out to the model store, here in Atlanta USA, I need to know how well code 83 US track would match up to the SMP Code 75 track (The code 83 would be used in Fiddle yard, I...
2
2

Been rooting through the loft!
And found some Hornby stuff which has never been out of the boxes. As it is unlikely I shall now try to develop a layout, I'm looking to sell some of it, how can I find out it's value? Alan in Windsor
10
10

Just think, 40 years ago...
...we'd all be watching Dr Who on TV and playing with model trains :o) (kim)
7
7