Latest threads in Model railroading in the UKshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

DCC on N gauge
I am putting together an N gauge layout (first venture into model railways since I was in my teens 50 odd years ago). So far I have the Farish SW Trains 3 car DMU and the Farish GWR Railcar (the era...
3
3

Class 59 photos
For the few of you here who like 66 and 59 class loks, here is a link to a goodly number of photos of the stealthy, hard to find 59 class. If you don't already have the link, here it is: will like...

LMS in 7 mm scale
I am seriously contemplating a return to my first love, the LMS, after 40 years of modelling other countries railways, but this time in 7 mm scale. I have, as you might gather, quite a lot to catch up...
5
5

Fitting Decoders into a Bachmann Class 108 - Help!!!
Hi All, I am a newbie to this group, and revisiting the modelling world after a very long 20 year break.. I am getting into DCC and so far have managed to install a DCC Chip into a Bachmann Class 37,...
5
5

Hornby 2007 rumour
I've just heard a rumour that involves Hornby producing these for 2007: Maunsell coaches Blue Pullman
68
68

Message for Mark Rand
Could you take a look at your eBay incoming mail please? Bob

loco directional lighting
Hi, I've managed to get some tiny red and amber bicolour LEDs with the intention of fitting to my Hymek (amongst other things). The only doubt I have is how to arrange the lights - is it two red at...
6
6

I'll have to dig my scrap box out !
Hey chaps, have a look at this "bargain" on Ebay, think I'll have to dig the old scrap box put and start flogging some stuff. M
4
4

[plug] my website
I've been playing around with some new gallery scripts in order to better integrate photographs into my main site. If anybody would care to take a peek and feedback with regards to usability /...

Points "R" numbers
Hi, I have been looking around my old Hornby catalogues but they don't go back far enough so... Does anyone know the old Hornby "R" Numbers for the following points and Diamond crossings ? R8073 Right...
2
2

LNER Coaches
Hi all Me and a mate are building an exhibition layout using Hornby live steam (which places the layout in LNER and big four era) and need some advice as we are both BR Southern guys. We plan to have...
8
8

FA: Photos that might be useful for modelling.
Hi all, I have a selection of photos from my collection for auction on ebay that may well be interesting if you are modelling any of the places featured. If you are interested, then take a look at...

Marklin HO & Z Priced to Sell Fast
Hello, I have listed about 100 Marklin HO & Z scale items on eBay. There are cars, locomotices, track and more. Everything is priced to sell fast. To see the pictures and the listings, please click on...

lettering an lining pens - recommendations?
Some years ago I experimented with pen and ink for lettering models. Nevery a great success but some pens worked quite well whilst others did not. I was advised by the shop to use dipping pens rather...
13
13

Drunk railway sleeper fined
No, not that sort of sleeper! like the way the train goes past on tiptoes to avoid waking him!!!!) BBC NEWS | Help | Welcome to Video and Audio from BBC News.
32
32