Latest threads in Model railroading in the UKshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Hornby DCC and PC Interface
Hi I am brand new to railroad modelling. I am looking for a system to control a model railroad from my own PC and write my own software to do this (say in C#). The safe route I have found at the...
12
12

Warley 2006 Video
edited, but thought you might like to see it anyway Regards Rob The Warley Model railway expo at NEC
4
4

new on trains of Europe with URL
New on trains of Europe: Dutch and German trains at the Venlo border station Movie of the dieselday of the South Limburg Steamtrain Society New railway music. Enjoy!

FA (UK Only) IME 8mm watchmakers' lathe in excellent condition
Hi Chaps, Owing to not having used it, and needing the money for other things, I'm auctioning my IME 8mm watchmakers lathe on eBay. The item number is 250059925319 if you're interested and I've...

Fleischmann DCC controller question?????
Hi all, I've heard the Fleischmann 6822 and the 6802 are supposed to be pretty good as I read about them in model rail magazine. The 6802 twin centre is £350 and the 6822 twin control is £195. The...
1
1

Scaleway TRack
Hi all Just returned from England where a good time was had! Saw some Scaleway SMP Code 75 OO (J) track and liked it. However the usual google aint turning up much so.... anyone here have comments on...
3
3

Bachmann Super Voyager Tilting Train
Just picked up one of these for my son's Christmas present. Has anyone else had issues with the thing derailing with monotonous regularity? The power car seems to cock a wheel when running in one...
4
4

A nightmare before Christmas?
http://www.hattons.co.uk/images/products/UE101_2.jpg
12
12

108 DMU - alternative destination boards?
Do all trains go to Warrington, even on the NSE one?
2
2

Hornby Cl 73
Any word on whether Hornby will be releasing different versions of the current Class 73 models that they have on offer? Such as a standard BR Blue, Large Logo or NSE versions?
3
3

108 DMU
Hi All, According to the "blurb" in the Bachmann advert on the back of Model Rail, the new 108 has interior lighting ? Yet on here or on DCCUK I have not yet seen any comments on this ?? Is it so ? Is...
6
6

Marklin HO & Z scale For Sale...
HI, I have listed about 160 to 170 Marklin items on eBay. The auctions will end this Sunday December 3. About half of the items are HO and the other half are Z scale Please click on this link to see...

Quick question - coaling
Anybody help with the following please ... Coaling ... at the moment I have a raised coaling stage, ramp leading to a little building where coal is taken of the wagon and tipped in to locos on an...
8
8

Odd request for book review in RM mag
This months RM has a review of the latest from Dave Larkin - Early BR era wagons - Price about £13 Can't find the mag (it's here - somewhere- ) and just been asked what I want for Xmas Anyone got a...
2
2

Bachmann 108 DCC-Ready?
The only Bachmann DMU I have is a 158 which was not DCC ready, so I have had to run wires for the lights between the carriages. How have Bachmann overcome this problem in their DCC-ready DMUs such as...
4
4