Latest threads in Model railroading in the UKshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Hornby Class 50 rotating fan
The Hornby Class 50 rotating fan is driven by the main motor, and will stop when loco stands still. Has anyone put a separate motor on the Hornby Class 50 fan to solve this? Ola Trygve Kvitle
1
1

Bachmann 108
The blue and grey Bachmann Class 108 appears to be available now. Pictures here: if you want to have a look. As some the members of some forums frown on open discussion of models, I'll ask here...
24
24

Farish Mk3 Coach Roofs Wanted
I am looking for spare coach roofs to fit Farish (Poole) Mk3 coaches. I need about six and also one for a Mk1 coach. Any assistance in sourcing or alternative welcomed. Regards Bob

More comments on Hornby Digital
More comments on Hornby Digital from John. < quote > Finally arrived in quantity today, size is good 10 x 17 x 3,5, price is good £8.29 at my local shop 2 function and 8 pin plug with harness about...
1
1

Re: Dapol announce new locos
Why not hull? I know two modellers here in Victoria BC, 6000 plus miles from Hull, who'd be interested in an N scale Q1. :-) -- Cheers Roger T. Home of the Great Eastern Railway
7
7

List of traders at Reading O gauge event this weekend?
I have searched, but cannot find a list of the traders appearing at the Reading event of the Guildford O gauge group this Saturday. Can anyone point me at the right place?
2
2

DCC Sound Loco`s
Class 66 with sound 32-725DS RRP £ 157.70 Class 20 with sound 32-040DS RRP £133.85 The class 66`s are in the country according to my Bachmann rep ( will they be delivered before Friday ? ) Kindest...
8
8

DCC clips for hornby points
Anyone know where you can buy the clips to add to Hornby points for DCC conversion? Thanks
3
3

Pulling power
I have to confess to being a fan of kettles and more than a little disparaging of more modern diesels and electrics. However being a kind and considerate father over the past year of two I have bought...
39
39

Manchester
Can anyone recomened a good model railway shop in Manchester. Ill be staying in the Picadilly area and without car, but do have rail pass Thanks all (and John) Rob
16
16

Stephenson Locomotive Soc (Advert)
Just a plug for our stand at the NEC this coming weekend. If your interest is a serious one in the technical and operational side of railways old or new you may be interested in joining. See us at the...

Odd Gauge
I was at a Toy Collectors Fair at Kempton Park yesterday and came across a little die-cast station and booking office. Underneath it was marked as Gauge 000. It was fairly small and I am assuming that...
8
8

LNER 4-4-2 tank question
I have come across a photo of an LNER 4-4-2 number 5 4 5 4 hauling a train on the Mid Cheshire line in LNRE days - Can anyone advise what class this was? Anyone know when it entered service?
2
2

Pure unobtainium? Looking for prewar models...
Thanks for taking the time to read this. I'm keen to build up my collection of pre-war 3.5mm and 4mm models and would be pleased to hear from anyone with stuff to sell. I'm interested in anything...

Atlanta Layout tour
Hi all At this time every year, the Atlanta Railroad club organises a tour of members layouts, from Garden to N,this year there were 70 layouts spread over 4 weeks and ending today. There are 2 Brit...
9
9