Latest threads in Model railroading in the UKshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Bachmann sound
I notice from the Bachmann website that dates have finally been displayed for the new DCC sound locos, although still without prices. The 47 and 25 seem to be awaiting stock, where as the 20, 55 and...
18
18

Useful drawings?
I am currently converting a pile of sketches on making simple N Gauge models from (mainly) Peco kits, the sketches were mostly made in the 1980s. This is rather time consuming and my models were made...
15
15

What's new on Jane's Garden Railway
Recently I've got a bit fed up with not having a totally level continuous run, so when I've got a really long train that a loco can pull on the level or downhill, it gets really frustrating when the...
3
3

How to remove glazing from 20+year old Hornby 86, made in Margate
I wish to bring my collection up to date, so wish to repaint my aged Hornby class 86 Phoenix into Network Rail livery. This is my first attempt at a re-livery, so the plain yellow "banana" style is a...

Hornby Elite DCC - some comments
Reposted from Folks, I just want to bring your attention to a few of the problems we are experiencing with the Hornby Select system and Hornby loco's fitted with their decoders. Firstly we have been...
147
147

Thomas Vs Ernie
After years of collecting Thomas locos, wagons and coaches young Oliver has announced he wants the new Bachmann train set for infants: the 2 offerings compatible in terms of track, power etc? (no 3rd...
12
12

Hornby 8Fs
I noticed on Hattons website, Hornby 8Fs ranging from £47 to £88. Are there any differences to these other than number and livery? Cheers
29
29

140+ Marklin HO & Z scale items For Sale
I have about 140 Marklin Items listed on eBay. About half are HO and the other half are Z scale. Click on this link to see the picturea and the listings: you for looking Bill
6
6

uniform colours
I've bought a couple of engine driver and stoker figures to add to the cabs of my steam engines but before I do that, I'll have to paint them first. Ca anybody tell me what colours to use?
2
2

Diagonal white stripe on the wrong end
I have got a model of a 21 ton mineral wagon made by Hornby (R6161C) which has a diagonal white stripe on the end without the door. I though it supposedly indicted where the end door is. Has Hornby...
16
16

K suffix behind number
I have a model of a 21 ton mineral wagon made by Hornby (R6161C). It has the number B310437K on it. Can anyone tell me what the K stands for?
4
4

Points moters for 009 guage points
I'm very shortly about to order a significant amount of 009 track and points - all PECO, I know that you can do better if you build your own but I simply don?t have the time. One thing concerns me, I...
21
21

Kato N-gauge class 66
I don't know if this has been reported elsewhere yet, but a Japanese model news site today mentions in passing that Kato plans to produce an N-gauge model of the EMD class 66 in five versions. No...
16
16

Prestwin top-view anyone?
Trying to find a top view of a prestwin, either prototype or Airfix, to get the detail of the rectangular frame so I can finish some old Lima N prestwins as BR types. The chassis is sorted but I have...
20
20

Tank loco identity
I have a small tank loco but dont know what it is. It is an 0-4-0 black plastic clockwork loco. it has an on/off lever protruding from the cab roof on the left number on the tank side is 7321. It has...
2
2