Latest threads in Model railroading in the UKshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Model Railway Show - Cathcart, Glasgow
This year's Cathcart Model Railway show will be held on Saturday 4th and Sunday 5th November 2006. Regular visitors to the show should note that this year it is being staged ONE WEEK LATER THAN USUAL....

Bushey Exhibition Saturday 28th Oct
Bushey & District Model Railway Club is holding its exhibition on Saturday 28th Oct at Bushey Hall School in London Road Bushey starting at 10.30. Kevin

Nottingham Show Reminder
NottinghamWoodthorpe Model Railway Show Saturday 4th november 10am to 5 pm Layouts and Trade Support Demonstration by John Fownes of Cardboard Works fame with his working Locos and rolling stock in...

RTR DMUs
Hi, Just wondering if anyone can confirm the pre-Pacer DMUs that are or have been available RTR. So far, I've come up with Hornby 110, 121 Lima 101, 117, 121 Bachmann 108 (one day) Any I've missed?...
10
10

2mm Exhibiton, Shildon, Durham
2mm Scale Association annual general meeting, and exhibition. This Saturday, 10-4pm. Open to the public. Inside the Locomotion museum in Shildon (off shoot of the National Railway Museum in York)....

Valuing My Surplus Stock
As I am going digital I thought it might be worth selling off some surplus stock on the club's second hand stall. What should I be asking for a Lima Cl 40, 31 and 20. All bought new and in good...
12
12

Re: network southeast 2 car dmu 32901
G'day, A friend here in Australia is looking for a network southeast 2 car dmu 32901. Does anyone know if it available. Thank You. Graeme Hearn
2
2

Hornby Bubble Car
We got stocks of the new Hornby (ex-Lima) BR(WR) green 'Bubble Car' today. The quality of finish is certainly an improvment on previous efforts by Lima, but the first one I tested wouldn't move itself...
17
17

Exhibition: American layouts, Lancing, 28 October
Exhibition of American layouts at Boundstone School, Lancing, West Sussex Saturday 28 October 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. run by West Sussex American Group. All welcome
19
19

Using phone charger for LED's
I have one or two mobile phone chargers that I no longer use. Can these be used to power LED's? One I have states 220V input with output of 5V 500mA. Would this be powerful enough and would the output...
2
2

Bachmann EZ DCC
I see Bachmann has named it's new DCC system 'Dynamis', and then goes on to give a dictionary definition of the word i.e. adj. characterized by force of personality, ambition and energy; of or...
8
8

Mineral Fibre Board
Has anyone come across this stuff in the UK? There was an article in the September 1994 issue of Model Railroader about building roadbed with something called Micore 300, which is a mineral fibre...
7
7

cobblestone clipart
I am looking for some cobblestones clipart, Google has not helped to date:-( Any suggestions please. Peter
14
14

Model shops in Newcastle, Lancaster and Edinburgh
Hi gang. A friend is leaving Holland tomorrow, to visit UK, particularly the above three areas. Any hobby shop recommendations, particularly for N gauge? Apologies for the short notice.
2
2

Hornby DCC again.
The first of the Hornby DCC trainsets came into stock today. I can't be arsed to test one though as it's only got one of their cheap & nasty little locs in, and it's only the very basic DCC...
22
22