Latest threads in Model railroading in the UKshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

N.American Diesel Locos. HO scale.
I have recently purchased some Bachmann and Athearn locos which I find facinating, however, there is of course the problem of Buckeye type tension lock couplings. Is there a simple way of changing...
12
12

Train Drivers View
Aploigies, previously posted but dosen't seem to have got through? Further apoliogies if off topic. It's just a link to a clip on of the view from the drivers cab on the London Underground:
6
6

Vintage Model railway modelling Book 1949 FA
A Book of Model Railways by P R Wickham Percival Marshall & Co.289 pages, boards a bit grubby otherwise VGC. One of the best of it's type,really comprehensive with it seems a slant towards American...

M7 Decoder
Morning all.. Anyone fitted a decoder to a new Hornby M7 yet. I tried a digitrax PS123 Z scale on and cant find a good place to put it so the body will go on again. Any ideas guys? Rob
3
3

LMS Push Pull Coaches in BR maroon
hi, just biulding a model of the leighton buzzard to luton branch line and that includes biuding a LMS push Pull BTK.....a DBT...Driving brake third i have done this cuting up two dapol LMS BTL non...

Nottingham Woodthorpe Show
Hi Everyone One for your diary Just to let you know it is the Nottingham Woodthorpe Model Railway Show on Sat 4th Nov 10 till 5. Sherwood Community Centre, Mansfield Road, Nottm. Hope to see you there...
1
1

AD: (Sort of) Blackburn Exhibition
Hi All, See October Railway Modeller for article on "Blackmill" contemporary DCC layout (the club layout on which I spend most of my time), which wil be at our forhtcoming exhibition at Blackburn....

City of Truro
Being totally new to this group and living overseas (USA), has there been a recently offered "City Of Truro" in OO that is an operating version versus the various plastic model kits offered over the...
38
38

Fitting lights to Bachmann class 20
Anyone know how to get the cab off the main body ? It's the express models lighting kits - How do I get in to the square route indictor boxes ? They look solid ?
5
5

Churnet Valley Model Railway Exhibition - 22nd Oct 2006
10:30am -4:30pm at Froghall station, Churnet Valley Railway, Staffordshire. Off the A52 Stoke to Ashbourne road, next to the "Railway Inn" pub. Layouts in N, OO & O gauge, including DCC and Hornby...
1
1

Tri-ang Minic Narrowgauge Railways
Hello all, Just an appeal to ask and see if anybody on this group (with whom I havent already spoken) has any of the 1963-4 Triang Minic Narrowgauge 10 1/4" Railway stock. Feel free to check out my...

Intro
I thought I ought to introduce myself as by and large you seems a friendly group, and I have done one or two postings now... I'm 40 and have a little boy who is mad about trains. A special emphasis on...
20
20

Carama question
Have pourchased some Carama models (they are selling landrovers and Transit vans at Poundland for a pound a go) - Problem is I cannot see how to detach the car from mthe plastic base - First go...
10
10

LNER Thompson 59'6" corridor compo coaches
Hello all, Trying to solve a puzzle re. the above, and none of my many books of railway photos seems to be giving any real clue; were the corridor and compartment sides identical in terms of both (a)...
1
1

is aldo back?
3