Latest threads in Model railroading in the UKshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

EASTLEIGH100 Update- more tickets released
There have been a large number of enquiries about tickets on the gate at Eastleigh100 open weekend, particularly for the Saturday Additional resources will allow us to substantially increase the...

Hornby DCC systems
The Hornby blurb re the Elite unit says it outputs 15V AC power with superimposed signals. Tried to look at this on my rather duff scope, but can't lock on. Need to know the frequency of the...
10
10

DC-ing a DCC loco
This may sound a bit daft. I bought a DCC equipped Hornby loco (the LMS 2-6-4T) the other day. How do I convert it back to straight DC? It runs OK on my layout but emits a worrying loud hum. Is there...
2
2

Cyril Freezer
In case no-one on here is aware, Cyril Freezer (the erstwhile editor of Railway Modeller) passed away in his sleep last night/this morning. John.
8
8

rewiring Hornby oo gauge loco.
Anyone know where I can get a few metres of the very thin stranded insulated wire used for internal connections to motor etc. From inspection the wire appears to be stranded 7/0.1mm with an overall...
14
14

Slightly OT but may be of interest - Help shape the modelling future
Slightly off topic for British Railways, but it may be relevant to those who model more than one scale or continent! Help shape the modelling future A major manufacturer (name withheld by request) has...
11
11

Bachmann Club subscripttion renewals: worth it?
Does anyone else feel they are paying a lot of money each year for a load of sales blurb and not much else? I cancelled my subscription to Hornby for the same reason but am still undecided about...
11
11

FA Tin Toy Trains Marklin Bing Plank Schoenner 1850-1909
The Golden Years of Tin Toy Trains 1850-1909 by Paul Klein Sciphorst,brand new,in original slipcase, 360 pages,very heavy book. The ultimate vintage train book, packed with high quality illustrations...

nice exhibition on saturday 16th may
There is a superb exhibition coming up this Saturday May 16th. St. Clare's Newton Aycliffe St Clare's Rectory St Cuthbert Way Newton Aycliffe DL5 5NT More info is on the Shildon mrc web site... Simon...
17
17

Hornby Railroad Jinty
Does the Hornby Railroad Jinty have fully flanged wheels and no traction tyres? I am led to believe that the other Hornby 0-6-0s have traction tyres on the central wheels, possibly with turned down...
6
6

LMS Decals
I want to renumber my Bachmann LMS 0-8-0. I am hoping to only have to change two numbers. Not being well up on insignia, what set of transfers is the same/nearest match to what Bachmann have used....
4
4

FA Bassett Lowke Commemorative book train model rail 1969
Bassett-Lowke Railways ,A Commemorative Edition,with original slipcase, (slipcase a bit battered),large landscape book, 136 pages. No 2405 of a limited edition of 5000,to commemorate the companies...

A word to the wise
There has been some debate on this very forum recently about ordering goods on line and finding too late the goods are not in stock & the money has been taken from your account. You could always take...
19
19

Train Set In A Briefcase
Wednesday 6th May 2009 " Model train enthusiasts can be a scary bunch, depending on how extent to which their fascination strikes them. Having a little train set in a briefcase would make you king of...

Free entry for kids at Railworld ?
...... worth a visit ? Chris
1
1