Best Rated threads in Model railroading in the UKshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Duette Transformer/Controller
I have just acquired one of these via eBay, model N/474. It is fairly old, and there are no instructions with it. Connecting up is intuitive, but what about the switches? Half Wave/ Full Wave - I...
6
6

Mercontrol
Hi, Has anyone used this manufacturer, and if so, does the system work well? http://www.gemmodelrailways.co.uk/GEM_Web_Site/Mercontrol.html Scoot, GEM, and the Mercontrol system, has been around for...
9
9

Platform canopies at Sowerby Bridge
Just started using this station for my morning commute, as it's a bit more bike friendly than Halifax (no narrow island platform or staircases to contend with), and wondered when the present...
19
19

Motorising the Dapol Railbus
Hi all, Been doing a little kit building recently, and just finished the rather nice model of the dapol railbus. However, I now want to make it move under it's own power. Any recommendations about...
17
17

Frustration
I've been building up the courage to tackle the DCC conversion of a Bachmann 04 Diesel shunter. I settled on the TCS M1 decoder, mainly for it's size, and ordered two. The first of these I trialled in...
2
2

Peco vs Hornby turnouts and crossings
Hi all again, I'm looking at a small expansion in my layout... I need to replace a couple of points too, and add a crossover/diamond. Key question: I have an existing Hornby R8072 LH Point - is there...
4
4

HST IC125 couplers when failed?
Okay the square hatch on the underside of the HST front contained the coupler - If an HST failed something would have to be sent out to assist - as it has no buffers it could not use a simple screw...
19
19

Bachmann Ivatt 4MT - fitting DCC decoder.
I've now fitted a DCC decoder, and in the end managed quite easily to fit a standard Lenz HO Gold inside the loco body. Remove the body (very tight fit) by removing the second screw from the rear and...

Kemilway BR Standard 3MT 2-6-2T Kit or 2-6-0 Chassis Kit
Some 30 years ago, Kemilway produced, amongst other things, a kit for the BR Standard 3MT 2-6-2T in 4mm scale. This kit incorporated an etched nickel silver chassis kit which was also marketted for...
1
1

Make of Pullman Coach
I have has one of the blue Pullman "Golden Arrow" coaches sitting around in a cupboard for years and now I think Ebay might be a better place for it. Now it does not seem to have any makers brands or...
6
6

Peco 00 gauge sleeper spacing
Nothing for me destroys the illusion of reality on a model railway depicting British prototype as much as the size and spacing of the sleepers of Peco streamline track. It just doesn't look like...
33
33

Hull Model Railway Show - 12/13th November, 2005.
HULL MINIATURE RAILWAY SOCIETY is presenting the; 26TH HULL MODEL RAILWAY SHOW on the 12/13 Nov at the Costello Sports Centre, Anlaby Park Road North, Hull. If you're within travelling distance of...

Newcastle And District MRS exhibition
I have noticed that the Newcastle And District MRS / North East Gauge O Modellers exhibition is on next weekend at Gateshead stadium. Does any one know the times it will be open? Tia Andrew Carr...
1
1

Bolton Exhibition This Weekend
Bolton and District Model Railway Club's annual model railway show is this year moving to a new, larger venue at St. James' C of E Secondary School on Lucas Road, Farnworth. Layouts and Demonstrators...

Bachmann DCC Controller 36-500
Hi All, After reading the reply to my earlier post "Help" I have been looking at various DCC controllers, as money is going to be a bit tight in the beginning due to all I have to purchase (track,...
15
15

Fossebridge layout for sale
O gauge Fossebridge layout for sale and forgot the web address Mike Parkes Model Railway Club, Model Railway Society
1
1

Bachmann Intermodal wagons
Not feeling very bright (and not wanting to damage the fine detail) can anyone tell me how to attach the containers to these wagons - there being no instructions supplied by Bachmann. "Bob Hope" wrote...
15
15

2mm brick papers
Hi, Does anyone know if brick papers can be obtained in N gauge ? If so can someone point me in the right direction. Most of my searches come up with 4mm scale or larger :( Cheers Malcolm is your...
15
15

Spirit Blowlamps
I've just been discussong silver soldering small detail parts with a friend and we got on to discussing small, controllable sources of heat which wouldn't melt the work pieces. I can remember having...
2
2

Bachmann Standard 4MT 32-356
Has anyone tried fitting a decoder to this model, and if so how did you get the body off? I am beginning to suspect that the model has been changed since previous versions and that the included...
17
17