Best Rated threads in Model railroading in the UKshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

AMI Instant Roadbed - How it went (and layout latest if you're interested)
You may remember a few weeks back I asked for information on AMI Instant Roadbed. Anyway, found a supplier, bought a roll, and as promised, letting you know how it went. It's good stuff - I tended to...
1
1

Baseboards
Any suggestions for baseboards ?, my main concern is weight, are there any alternatives to Sundealea boards (would any fibreboard work if it was strengthened at regular intervals with 2x1 batons ?)...
4
4

Mallard and Teak Coaches
Hi I've been asked to find out any information on the 'running order' of the 'teak' coaches that were run with the Mallard. I believe there were 1st 2nd and 3rd Class with perhaps Dining Coaches? Is...
8
8

Wirral Finescale Railway Modellers Website
Happy New (ish) Year to all, Wirral FS web site updated :- some pictures of Mostyn at Wigan, Mostyn photos by Tony Wright (BRM), our diary and a new section "workshop" started with its first entry...

Mr Plaster products supplier in UK
Does anybody know of a supplier for this range of HO scale scenics in the UK ( I can find online dealers in the US, but they don't stock everything I want. Thanks Stu

Slowing down a Hornby Smoky Joe
I'd like the Hornby Smoky Joe to run at slightly more realistic speeds. Does anyone know of regearing information, or perhaps an onboard voltage reducer to stop it running 4 times as fast as anything...
38
38

Mystery Bachmann Crab detailing parts
Can any tell me what the following mystery parts in the Bachmann Crab detail pack are for please ? 1) A rectangular box with open top, one open end, a slot in the base and a countersunk screw hole....
4
4

Kadee NEM Couplers on Bachmann 4MT Tank
Has anyone else noticed that the NEM socket on the Bachmann 4MT is a different height on the front than the back, and that Bachmann's own tension lock couplings have the bar at different heights in...
18
18

O-gauge Lima / Bachman scale question
Hello All, I believe some Lima offerings in O gauge use differing scales, such as the coaches being 1/48 whilst locos are 1/43. At shows, certain Lima outline offerings turn up, such as a French...
34
34

Problem with Bachmann class 37
The Loco derailed on a corner. When I put it back on the track I found that the driving axle wheels weren't gripping the track (they spun rapidly but the train moved slowly). I could partially correct...
9
9

Roco turnout fault
I have 11 turnouts on my layout and all are fitted with the ROCO digital turnout contolled with the ROCO 10770 keyboard. Five of the turnouts fail to repsond to the diverge key and will only operate...

Modeloils
Hi, Anyone familiar with Modeloils, as advertised in RM? The firm advertises 'New Slippy-Slik Special Modeller's Lubricant' and 'Electro-Mechanical Solvent Cleaner'. I wonder how useful these products...

Scotrail Push Pull Formations
I've managed to get together and make up a fair few Scotrail liveried Mark 3s, about 6 of the all told, plus a Mk2 DBSO, as well as a Heljan 47/7. Can anyone tell me if there was any set consist? The...
22
22

Graham Farish Shredded Wheat
Our son has been given an =91N=92 gauge Graham Farish 0-6-0 GP tank loco plus two Shredded Wheat coaches. The loco is unmotorised and is from about 1989. It=92s a promotion but does anyone have any...
4
4

Removing Araldite
I'm looking for ideas! A while ago I bought a plastic kit, described as "started". What they actually meant was "some bits have been thrown together and Araldite chucked at it in the hope that the...
16
16

Dapol Railbus & Motorising
Howdo all, Just picked up a Dapol railbus kit. A quick Google search finds lots of links that mention motorising the thing with kits, but none seem to mention the name of these kits, or even better...
5
5

Mk2a and Mk2s Coaches - What is the difference?
I know very little about coaches but would like a rake of Bachmann's Mk2 coaches when they arrive. Can anybody tell me what the difference is between Mk2a and Mk2s coaches? Also is there anywhere I...
15
15

Airbrush Compressors - Simair AirBox
Hi All, I've just come into the possession (legally!) of a Simair Airbox compressor. I have no manual though, and a visit to the site simply returns either an error or an attempt by IE to find it for...
6
6

how do I convert a loco from zero one back to DC analogue please. I am an inexpe
I have just purchased a Hornby class 08 shunter which Breen fitted with Zero One decoder and it will not run on my analogue layout. How do I convert it back to its original wiring please?
1
1

Bachmann vs Hornby GWR pannier tanks
Well, I'd like a GWR pannier plus a couple of choclate and cream or maybe GWR brown coaches to go with ti, ca 1945048. Or else early BR, ca 1948-54. What for? I want to run them under the Christmas...
32
32