Best Rated threads in Model railroading in the UKshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Roco turnout fault
I have 11 turnouts on my layout and all are fitted with the ROCO digital turnout contolled with the ROCO 10770 keyboard. Five of the turnouts fail to repsond to the diverge key and will only operate...

Modeloils
Hi, Anyone familiar with Modeloils, as advertised in RM? The firm advertises 'New Slippy-Slik Special Modeller's Lubricant' and 'Electro-Mechanical Solvent Cleaner'. I wonder how useful these products...

Scotrail Push Pull Formations
I've managed to get together and make up a fair few Scotrail liveried Mark 3s, about 6 of the all told, plus a Mk2 DBSO, as well as a Heljan 47/7. Can anyone tell me if there was any set consist? The...
22
22

Graham Farish Shredded Wheat
Our son has been given an =91N=92 gauge Graham Farish 0-6-0 GP tank loco plus two Shredded Wheat coaches. The loco is unmotorised and is from about 1989. It=92s a promotion but does anyone have any...
4
4

Removing Araldite
I'm looking for ideas! A while ago I bought a plastic kit, described as "started". What they actually meant was "some bits have been thrown together and Araldite chucked at it in the hope that the...
16
16

Dapol Railbus & Motorising
Howdo all, Just picked up a Dapol railbus kit. A quick Google search finds lots of links that mention motorising the thing with kits, but none seem to mention the name of these kits, or even better...
5
5

Mk2a and Mk2s Coaches - What is the difference?
I know very little about coaches but would like a rake of Bachmann's Mk2 coaches when they arrive. Can anybody tell me what the difference is between Mk2a and Mk2s coaches? Also is there anywhere I...
15
15

Airbrush Compressors - Simair AirBox
Hi All, I've just come into the possession (legally!) of a Simair Airbox compressor. I have no manual though, and a visit to the site simply returns either an error or an attempt by IE to find it for...
6
6

how do I convert a loco from zero one back to DC analogue please. I am an inexpe
I have just purchased a Hornby class 08 shunter which Breen fitted with Zero One decoder and it will not run on my analogue layout. How do I convert it back to its original wiring please? I have just...
1
1

Kitmaster Coaches, how good were they compared to others.
Another thread reminded that I have had for the best part of 50 years some Kitmaster Coaches assembled for me when I was small for a push along layout. All in Southern Green and with card interiors...
16
16

Shifnal garden railway
Does anybody here know what has to become/is to become of the garden layout situated just outside Shifnal, Shropshire? I've not been able to glean much information about it save that the property was...
2
2

(Not So) Smokey Joe
Hello All Does anyone know when Hornby stopped fitting the smoke generator to this loco? I got one for christmas and am a bit miffed to see that it dosent have this feature anymore - or is my memory...
11
11

Peco Streamline track geometry
So far my layout has been constructed using Hornby points. I want to extend it using Peco code 100 stream line points (and flexible track). Can someone tell me what the track spacing would be if two...
14
14

Which Hornby Motor?
Through my own stupidity, I've managed to burn out the motor on a Hornby 2721 class Pannier Tank. Ironically, this was previously a good runner, and I would like to repair it for service on my sons...
6
6

TV interference from model railways
Came across this on the DigitalSpy DTT forum. out there is possibly causing TV interference, and it got me thinking just how model railway layouts can be suppressed to prevent it. After all this guy...
5
5

2nd to 3rd radius crossover
I have just bought (Hornby): 2 L/H Curved Points R8074 2 R/H Curved Points R8075 4 2nd Radius Double Curves R607 2 2nd Radius Curves R606 4 2nd Radius Half Curves R643 2 Short Straights R610 I have...
8
8

Southampton Model Centre - Gone?
Hello As I was in the area attending the annual Eastpoint Centre show, I thought I would pop along to the Southampton Model Centre in Totton. Somewhat suprised to find the shutters firmly closed on a...
10
10

Old LIMA Service Sheets
Is there a site that has these available to download ? Free ? Dragon Heart said the following on 08/10/2007 02:12: I must admit that I didn't know there ever were Lima service sheets. "Paul Boyd"...
22
22

Peco track plans OO
Hi, Im currently in the process of building 'Bredon' on page 24 which features in the Setrack Planbook OO/HO with slight modifications. The modifications are basically using radius 2 (instead of 1)...
16
16

Peco Point motor extension pins
Does anyone know if Peco sell the extension pins for their point motors separately? I couldn't find any listed anywhere. I have 5 old motors I'd like to re-use but the use of a camping mat as underlay...
7
7