Best Rated threads in Model railroading in the UKshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Kitmaster Coaches, how good were they compared to others.
Another thread reminded that I have had for the best part of 50 years some Kitmaster Coaches assembled for me when I was small for a push along layout. All in Southern Green and with card interiors...
16
16

Shifnal garden railway
Does anybody here know what has to become/is to become of the garden layout situated just outside Shifnal, Shropshire? I've not been able to glean much information about it save that the property was...
2
2

(Not So) Smokey Joe
Hello All Does anyone know when Hornby stopped fitting the smoke generator to this loco? I got one for christmas and am a bit miffed to see that it dosent have this feature anymore - or is my memory...
11
11

Peco Streamline track geometry
So far my layout has been constructed using Hornby points. I want to extend it using Peco code 100 stream line points (and flexible track). Can someone tell me what the track spacing would be if two...
14
14

Which Hornby Motor?
Through my own stupidity, I've managed to burn out the motor on a Hornby 2721 class Pannier Tank. Ironically, this was previously a good runner, and I would like to repair it for service on my sons...
6
6

TV interference from model railways
Came across this on the DigitalSpy DTT forum. out there is possibly causing TV interference, and it got me thinking just how model railway layouts can be suppressed to prevent it. After all this guy...
5
5

2nd to 3rd radius crossover
I have just bought (Hornby): 2 L/H Curved Points R8074 2 R/H Curved Points R8075 4 2nd Radius Double Curves R607 2 2nd Radius Curves R606 4 2nd Radius Half Curves R643 2 Short Straights R610 I have...
8
8

Southampton Model Centre - Gone?
Hello As I was in the area attending the annual Eastpoint Centre show, I thought I would pop along to the Southampton Model Centre in Totton. Somewhat suprised to find the shutters firmly closed on a...
10
10

Old LIMA Service Sheets
Is there a site that has these available to download ? Free ?
22
22

Peco track plans OO
Hi, Im currently in the process of building 'Bredon' on page 24 which features in the Setrack Planbook OO/HO with slight modifications. The modifications are basically using radius 2 (instead of 1)...
16
16

Peco Point motor extension pins
Does anyone know if Peco sell the extension pins for their point motors separately? I couldn't find any listed anywhere. I have 5 old motors I'd like to re-use but the use of a camping mat as underlay...
7
7

Airfix/Dapol Diesel Crane
Doing a little searching online, I can't find any reference to a crane of this type on bogies. I presume it is actually based on an eight wheeled Booth design used on the Western Region, in all other...
17
17

OO scale platform height?
Hi all.. Can someone please tell me the correct height for a typical british OO/HO scale platform please? I'm scratchbuilding a steam era layout based aorund hornby rolling stock e.g. Flying Scotsman,...
7
7

Review of DAPOL Motorised Track Cleaner
Many years ago my brother & I had a large, three track, oval layout controlled by Hornby's ZERO 1. When it worked it was great but keeping the track clean was a real problem. With the 'new' Hornby DCC...
1
1

Model Torque Replacement Armatures
Has anyone tried one of these conversions? You take a Lima pancake motor and replace what looks like the armature. Now featured at intercity models and Model Torque at . Considering one for a Lima HST...
16
16

Norman Eagles
Does anyone recognise or remember that name? Mr Eagles was involved with The Model Railway Club in the 50s, I believe, and probably thereafter. What became of him? I'm asking, because I was involved...
21
21

Railway Arches - typical size?
I've been planning on putting a high level track along the back of my in-progress layout. My original intention was to have the level change dealt with by a retaining wall. I'm now considering...
19
19

Rails of Sheffield - experiences?
What are they like at fulfilling orders? I seem to have paid for second class service as well as second class post. MBQ
29
29

Multimeter Precision Gold M810 - User Manual
Help please, I have 'lost' the user manual (leaflet) for my M810 meter. Can anyone let me have a photocopy, happy to pay cost and postage many thanks Mikey
2
2

H & M Duette controller terminals
I have a couple of H & M Duette controllers for use with the layout I am building. Wiring up the variable power for the trains is easy - nice big terminals, with thumbscrew nuts. However, I don't have...
18
18