Best Rated threads in Model railroading in the UKshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Airfix/Dapol Diesel Crane
Doing a little searching online, I can't find any reference to a crane of this type on bogies. I presume it is actually based on an eight wheeled Booth design used on the Western Region, in all other...
17
17

OO scale platform height?
Hi all.. Can someone please tell me the correct height for a typical british OO/HO scale platform please? I'm scratchbuilding a steam era layout based aorund hornby rolling stock e.g. Flying Scotsman,...
7
7

Review of DAPOL Motorised Track Cleaner
Many years ago my brother & I had a large, three track, oval layout controlled by Hornby's ZERO 1. When it worked it was great but keeping the track clean was a real problem. With the 'new' Hornby DCC...
1
1

Model Torque Replacement Armatures
Has anyone tried one of these conversions? You take a Lima pancake motor and replace what looks like the armature. Now featured at intercity models and Model Torque at . Considering one for a Lima HST...
16
16

Norman Eagles
Does anyone recognise or remember that name? Mr Eagles was involved with The Model Railway Club in the 50s, I believe, and probably thereafter. What became of him? I'm asking, because I was involved...
21
21

Railway Arches - typical size?
I've been planning on putting a high level track along the back of my in-progress layout. My original intention was to have the level change dealt with by a retaining wall. I'm now considering...
19
19

Rails of Sheffield - experiences?
What are they like at fulfilling orders? I seem to have paid for second class service as well as second class post. MBQ Hi, I don't like them. Their staff are incredibly surly when you go into the...
29
29

009 chassis
Is there a RTR chassis which people commonly use for 009 models of 0-4-0 steam locos these days? I've some photos of an old 2'6" (close enough to 2'3"!) loco I fancy doing, but wondered what a model...
21
21

Multimeter Precision Gold M810 - User Manual
Help please, I have 'lost' the user manual (leaflet) for my M810 meter. Can anyone let me have a photocopy, happy to pay cost and postage many thanks Mikey They are available from the bottom - didn't...
2
2

H & M Duette controller terminals
I have a couple of H & M Duette controllers for use with the layout I am building. Wiring up the variable power for the trains is easy - nice big terminals, with thumbscrew nuts. However, I don't have...
18
18

Dapol Sound sheds
I had the opportunity to listen to the Steam Whistle sound shed from Dapol at a recent club meeting. Not too bad. I was considering taking it apart and installing the sensors under the track rather...
2
2

Bachmann vs Hornby GWR pannier tanks
Well, I'd like a GWR pannier plus a couple of choclate and cream or maybe GWR brown coaches to go with ti, ca 1945048. Or else early BR, ca 1948-54. What for? I want to run them under the Christmas...
32
32

Carr's Railclean
I'd not used this before today, it does appear to be very good. I applied it to an old bit of very corroded track, left it a couple of minutes then wiped again with the cloth damped in the fluid, and...

Hornby L6360 Blue Pacer ?
Our son has been given a Hornby L6360 Blue Pacer. It has motors in both units but I can find nothing about it. It also has the ref. S4533 on the underside. DCC fitting ? Spares Sheets ? Any ideas ?...
17
17

Triang Hornby Davy Crockett Loco
I am after a 00 or HO Triang Hornby "Davy Crockett" type loco for our son ! Large headlamp on front, cow catcher, brass bell etc. etc. Anyone in the UK stock these old type models ? Does your wife...
13
13

removing tender body
Hornby R2441 loco-drive Flying Scotsman. Installing sound. Need to run wires into tender for speaker. Could put them through the coal shute but I'd prefer to remove the tender body to run the wires up...

Vale of Rheidol railway question
How is the name pronounced? Ree-doll, or Rye-doll? 'Ta. "Wolf K." wrote Pretty sure it's something like Rhy-doll. John. The latter is closest. But it's Welsh, not English, so the correct pronunciation...
22
22

www.onlimoney.com
Dear Friend, I have seen a very good website and found the recomendation is very fruitful its a fourm on which i can discuss stock and commodities sector. Sign Up today at

Old Lima & Mainline driving tyres.
Having now exhausted my supply of driving tyres for both Lima & Mainline (DE & DH outline etc) I wonder if there is a commercial supply available? Regards Don't know about Mainline spares, but for...
8
8

Trix dcc
thanks for the help clearing up the AC/DC thing with DCC earlier, I want to go with N gauge, and whilst there are a few DCC starter sets out there, they all seem to have really naff looking...
20
20