Best Rated threads in Model railroading in the UKshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Carr's Railclean
I'd not used this before today, it does appear to be very good. I applied it to an old bit of very corroded track, left it a couple of minutes then wiped again with the cloth damped in the fluid, and...

Hornby L6360 Blue Pacer ?
Our son has been given a Hornby L6360 Blue Pacer. It has motors in both units but I can find nothing about it. It also has the ref. S4533 on the underside. DCC fitting ? Spares Sheets ? Any ideas ?...
17
17

Triang Hornby Davy Crockett Loco
I am after a 00 or HO Triang Hornby "Davy Crockett" type loco for our son ! Large headlamp on front, cow catcher, brass bell etc. etc. Anyone in the UK stock these old type models ?
13
13

M & P Models Church Gresley near Swadlincote
Following a trip to Burton On Trent we went to find M & P Models on Church Street, Church Gresley near Swadlincote. It's not what you could call a 'full time shop' as it's only open Saturday 1.30 till...
44
44

removing tender body
Hornby R2441 loco-drive Flying Scotsman. Installing sound. Need to run wires into tender for speaker. Could put them through the coal shute but I'd prefer to remove the tender body to run the wires up...

Vale of Rheidol railway question
How is the name pronounced? Ree-doll, or Rye-doll? 'Ta.
22
22

www.onlimoney.com
Dear Friend, I have seen a very good website and found the recomendation is very fruitful its a fourm on which i can discuss stock and commodities sector. Sign Up today at

Old Lima & Mainline driving tyres.
Having now exhausted my supply of driving tyres for both Lima & Mainline (DE & DH outline etc) I wonder if there is a commercial supply available? Regards
8
8

Trix dcc
thanks for the help clearing up the AC/DC thing with DCC earlier, I want to go with N gauge, and whilst there are a few DCC starter sets out there, they all seem to have really naff looking...
20
20

Fitting Peco Point motors
Hi guyds Having lurked for a while since recommencing the hobby I now need some help In the eighties i modelled n gauge and fitted peco motors from underneath by making a jig and screwing them on via...
21
21

Replacement Bachmann Motor
I need a replacement Buhler motor for a Bachman Pannier Tank #9643. Anybody know where this can be obtained? BTW I'm in Canada but this isn't necessarily a problem as I will be in the UK early May for...
2
2

Bachmann 08 - Coupling Rods.
Dear all This is a question about the past. When the Bachmann 08 was first released there was an issue with the coupling rods being on the wrong way round. At teh time a fix was posted in various...
4
4

Bachmann 9F evening Star Problems
Hello All I hope you are all enjoying your Christmas I got a 9F Today, opened it up (lovely) sat it on the track (lovely) proceeded to run it in as recommended. Problem number 1 In reverse silent and...
38
38

Hornby Class 50 rotating fan
The Hornby Class 50 rotating fan is driven by the main motor, and will stop when loco stands still. Has anyone put a separate motor on the Hornby Class 50 fan to solve this? Ola Trygve Kvitle
1
1

Dapol / Kitmaster Kits
Can anyone tell me something about these kits please? Can they build a working model? Regards Peter A
6
6

Mineral Fibre Board
Has anyone come across this stuff in the UK? There was an article in the September 1994 issue of Model Railroader about building roadbed with something called Micore 300, which is a mineral fibre...
7
7

Replacing the armature in an X03/X04 motor
Has anyoe out there ever successfully replace an armature in an X03/X04 motor? How easy is it to open the motor up and then when the armature is replaced close it back up so that it is solid again? Do...
4
4

Soldering wires to Bachmann split-chassis metal
All, Hope everyone is having a nice summer. Can anyone advise on the flux/solder to use to solder dcc decoder wires to the two halves of a Bachmann split chassis? Red Label doesn't work, as it's not...
14
14

Controller recommendation
Since my H&M controllers are at least 20 years old and haven't been used too much recently (although they still seem to work well enough), I'm a bit leery of trusting them too much. Given that I...
12
12

Curved crossing construction for 'Y' turnouts
I posted the following on the Templot forum a few days ago but so far no-one's offered any advice so I thought I'd try posting it on here in case any of you good people can help... Some of the...
10
10